MELCA ETHIOPIA Call for proposal.
Call for proposal for the Development and Installation of MELCA-Ethiopia Database Management System
- 1. General Background
Movement for Ecological Learning and Community Action (MELCA-Ethiopia) is a non-governmental, non-profit making indigenous organization founded in 2004. The organization recently re-registered with the Agency for Civil Society Organizations on the 14th of November 2019 in accordance with Civil Society Organizations proclamation No. 1113/2019 having a registration number of 0348. MELCA-Ethiopia operates in 7 project offices in 5 regional states (Oromia, SNNPR, Amhara, BenishangulGumuz and Gembella Peoples Regional States).The organization has a vision to see healthy and prosperous people, who preserve their bio-cultural diversity, and the mission is focused on working for healthy ecosystems, resilient communities, and critical young generation through developing and institutionalizing innovative approaches and experiences. Its core values include integration of culture and environment, traditional and scientific knowledge system, intergenerational learning and celebrating diversity. To realize its vision, MELCA-Ethiopia focuses on implementing four core programs, namely Environmental Governance, Agro-ecology, Children and Youth Empowerment, and Eco-friendly Livelihoods Improvement Schemes, all of which are employing gender as a cross cutting subject.
As part of general support project financed by the David and Lucile Packard Foundation MELCA-Ethiopia is calling for proposal from a competent and interested consulting firm to develop and install an integrated data management system and to recruit staff members on the operationalization of the system.
- 2. Overall objective of development of database management system: The purpose of the consultancy is to develop database management system and provision of training on operationalization of the system.
- 3. Applicants are required to demonstrate that:-
- The consulting firm must have a successful track record of handling similar tasks
- It is Capable of commanding sufficient number of competent experts in the fields of database management system and related subjects. (Availing of competent female expert has advantage of a 10% bounce point in the selection process).
- It is a legally registered and have a renewed license for the current fiscal year
- 4. Duration of the Assignment: The consultant needs to prepare and submit schedule for undertaking the task.
- 5. Location of the Assignment: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Interested applicants who meet the required conditions are invited to collect the ToR from MELCA-Ethiopia’s Head office in 5 working days, from Monday to Friday, 8:30AM – 5:00 PM,starting from the date of the appearance of this advertisement. Accordingly, interested applicants may submit their technical and financial proposals in separately sealed envelope within 10 working days from the date of the appearance of this request for the proposal. MELCA-Ethiopia reserves the right to reject any or all bids. The ToR also available MELCA-Ethiopia website/www.melcaethiopia.org/resource
MELCA-Ethiopia, Physical Address: In front of Ambassador Theatre or at the side of Main post office, KedaneBeyene Building, 1st floor, Room No 903/6, Telephone +251 (0) 115 50 71 72 or +251 (0) 115 54 45 54