The GIZ supporting sustainable Agriculture Productivity Invitation to Bid.
Invitation to Bid
Reference No. 83374658
The GIZ supporting sustainable Agriculture Productivity (SSAP) program would like to invite all senior experts who are eligible to participate in this open tender, are herewith requested to submit their proposals “to provide consultancy and advisory services to improve legal and organizational frame conditions for strengthening the Ethiopian Seed Sector”.
Interested bidders who fulfill the following criteria can access the bid documents from 2merkato site through https://tender.2merkato.com/tenders/view/230661/featured or can request via an email address [email protected]
- Education/training: Master’s degree or higher in agriculture, plant science or economics or related field
- Language: business fluency in English and Amharic
- General professional experience: 5 years of work experience in the Ministry of Agriculture or its predecessors, a Regional Bureau of Agriculture or the Ethiopian Institute for Agricultural Research (EIAR)
- Specific professional experience: Experience in providing advice to policies, strategies and/or legal frame work conditions in the agricultural, ideally in the Ethiopian seed sector as proven by a relevant publication record
- Leadership/management experience: 10 years of experience in a representative political and/or top management position
- Regional experience: at least 15 years of work experience in Ethiopia
- Development Cooperation (DC) experience: experience in development cooperation preferred, but not essential
- good knowledge of the Ethiopian seed sector (including policies and laws)
- very good knowledge of the structure, rules and procedures of the Ethiopian Ministry of Agriculture
- well-established professional network in the agricultural policy sector
In addition to their specialist qualifications, the following qualifications are required of team members:
- excellent public speaking and presentation skills
- proven leadership skills and experience
- excellent analytical and strategic skills, esp. situation analysis and solution-oriented thinking
How to Apply:
- All bids must be delivered/submitted physically to the address below at or before 4:00 PM (Afternoon) on Friday, 26th of February 2021.
- Bidders should submit their Technical and Financial Proposals separately as per the issued tender document.
- The financial offer should list the daily fees charged for this contract. The technical offer should include the approach taken by the consulting firm and showcase its previous work in the areas listed above.
- The current contract is limited to 31/12/2021 but may be extended for the remainder of the project phase.
- GIZ-SSAP Project reserves the right to cancel the bid fully or partially.
The address referred above to submit your Technical and Financial Offers is:
German Development Cooperation
Kirkos Sub City, Kebele 18, Beside Jupiter Hotel,
Kazanchis, Bloom Tower 9th Floor,
P.O.Box 100009 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Tell +251 115587935