GIZ-Office Invitation to Submit Expression of Interest & Technical Bid Proposal
Invitation to Submit Expression of Interest & Technical Bid Proposal
Reference No. 83373487
GIZ-Office, Ethiopia would like to invite all interested bidders who are eligible to participate in this open tender, are herewith requested to submit technical proposals only “To supply and install a comprehensive access control system for the main GIZ Country Office”.
GIZ has been working for more than 40 years in bilateral cooperation on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ); thus, extending cooperation and support to the Ethiopian government. In order to enhance operational integrity as well as enhance the safety and security of GIZ staff, the procurement and installation of a comprehensive access control system for the main GIZ Country Office is planned.
2. Objectives of the Procurement
The objective of this procurement is to source a superior access control system, based on EU technical and electronic products and installation standards. The concept must also facilitate in not creating bottlenecks, over restrictiveness nor unintended fire & safety hazards.
3. Initial Process of Interest
GIZ hereby invite all interested parties to an onsite visit, where the following components will be briefed upon, upon which participants will draft and submit technical proposals for work:
- The space to which installations will take place, measurements and dimensions (to be taken by participants)
- Explaining the link to future guarding processes on site
- Power sources available on site, and secondary power source requirements
- Intention of maintaining a welcome feeling and sense of openness to which the installed access control system must adhere to
- Develop prepared specification in relation to system requirements
- Supportive maintenance and technical servicing requirements
4. Composition of Technical Proposals
When proposals are submitted following the onsite visit and needs briefing, it shall compose and conform to the following:
- Must adhere it conformed technical and engineering standards, terminology, structure and formats
- Must clearly explain the intended system (s) to be installed, and state why it is best for purpose
- An exact work timeframe and cost structure must be provided
- Ongoing maintenance support as required must be acknowledged
- Schematic of completed installation / work layout must be included
- Proposal must be kept short, concise and be easily understood and referenceable
5. Qualification Criteria for Participation
The consultant companies shall conform to the following minimum standards for the technical proposal to be considered:
- Verifiable proof of having successfully conducted similar projects within the past 12 months
- Verifiable proof that the company is registered and of good financial standing
- Verifiable proof of having been in existence for at least 12 months at the time of contract signature
- 1. Bidders shall submit technical bid documents/proposals only, excluding financial proposal. Technically successful bidders will be communicated to submit financial offer on later stage.
- 2. The technical / service requirements, site visit and related briefing will take place at GIZ Country Office, located behind Intercontinental Hotel, Kazanchis at 10:00AM – 11:00AM on Monday 01 February 2021.
- 3. All participants have to register their attendance in advance via an email address [email protected] or telephone number 0115587935.
- 4. All processes, communications, briefings and writing exchanges shall be in English.
- 5. Interested bidders who have attended the briefing and fulfill the criteria can request the technical evaluation criteria via an email address [email protected] starting from Tuesday, 2nd of February 2021, 8:00am.
How to Apply:
1. All bids must be delivered/submitted physically to the address below at or before 4:30 PM on Monday, 15th of February 2021.
- Bidders should attend the briefing in order to submit their technical offer.
- GIZ – Country Office reserves the right to cancel the bid fully or partly.
- Bids are to be submitted using the one-envelope procedure; i.e. we request that you submit your Technical offer in sealed envelope.
The envelope must be labelled as:
Project Title: GIZ-Office
Project No: 94.9064.0-001.00
CoSoft No.: 83373487
2. Form and Costs
- All copies of the bid must be submitted in hard copy using the above referred address. No remuneration will be paid by GIZ for preparing the bid.
- Subsequent corrections or modifications to the bid can be submitted until the deadline for submission and must be made in the same form as the bid.
- If you are forming a bidding consortium or association, the bid must show who the members are and how the work is divided between them. Specifically, all members must name the lead member and authorize this member to represent the association and to receive payments on behalf of the other members. The members must also acknowledge joint and several liabilities for performing the contract. A corresponding written authorization must be attached to the bid.
3. The address referred above to submit your Technical proposal is:
Kirkos Sub City, Kebele 18, Beside Jupiter Hotel,
Kazanchis, Bloom Tower 9th Floor,
P.O.Box 100009 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia