Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia
Reference No- HFE/001/20
Employer: -Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia
Project: shear wall construction at Addis Ababa Fistula Hospital
Date: January 31, 2020
Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia (formerly known as Addis Ababa Fistula Hospital) was established in 1974GC by two volunteers, Drs. Regiland and Cathrine Hamlin, both Gynecologist obstetricians. Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia provide free treatment and care to women with childbirth injuries at main Addis Ababa Fistula Hospital and five regional centers i.e. Mekele, Bahir Dar, Yirgalem, Harar and Metu., in addition HFE performing fistula prevention by opening midwifery college to train midwife nurses with BSC level and deploy them in the rural health centers. It located at K/Keraniyo sub city, woreda 09, House Number 920 behind the Swiss Embassy.
Hamlin fistula Ethiopia now invites all eligible National contractors of BC/GC category 1 to submit wax sealed and stamped bids for the construction of the above-mentioned project. The bidders must submit the following documents to Addis Ababa Fistula Hospital finance department, Casher office, in order to receive the bid documents
a) Copy of renewed construction registration license from the Federal Ministry of construction
b) Copy of renewed trade license for the current year /2012
c) Copy of Tax Identification Number registration, And Copy of VAT Registration Certificate
d) Copy of Tax Clearance Certificate for the most current year/2011
e) Payment of non-refundable fee of Birr 200 (Two hundred Birr).
1. Bids shall be accompanied by a bid security of 2 % of the bid price including VAT in the form of either CPO or unconditional bank guarantee payable to by the Name “Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia”. In any other form is not acceptable. And It along with the envelope of the original financial document. Bids shall be valid for a period of 45 days after bid opening. Failure of uttering any of which would cause rejection from the bid.
2. Eligible bidders are required to submit Technical and financial proposals. The contractor will be selected under qualification and cost based selection procedure which is the procurement policy of HFE.
3. Technical qualification document shall be prepared in an original and one copy in a properly signed, stamped & separately wax-sealed envelopes, clearly marking "Original”, and "Copy "
4. The Financial document shall be prepared in one original and one copy. The original & the copies shall be signed, stamped & wax sealed in a separate envelope clearly marking "Original", "Copy "
5. The bidders shall wax sealed the originals and the copies of Bid in four inner envelopes (i.e. original and copy of financial and original and copy of technical documents that should be seal separately) and one outer envelope, include all these. And write clearly the type of the document and address of Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia on each envelope, any bid shall be returned unopened otherwise.
6. The Bidder shall summit the entire and required document to Addis Ababa procurement department on /or before 8:30 P.M of 14th February ,2020. during the opening time The Technical proposal will be opened first at 9:00 P.M(After noon) on the same date and office in the presence of the bidders or their legal proxy.
7. The financial documents of those contractors scoring below 70% in the technical Evaluation would be returned back their financial document. Those who are technically qualified will contend on their financial proposal on which the least bidder will be the winner. However, if the price is to be unable to satisfy the technical qualification it can be rejected after being compared with the engineering Estimation.
8. Bids submitted late will not be accepted and will be returned unopened. Any Calculation errors and those bids not fulfilling the requirements or criteria will ground automatic rejection
9. The Bidder shall give sequential page number properly for each of its submitted technical documents. In the absence of which, the employer would not assume liabilities for any allegation of missing pages. Requirements on the technical (qualification) documents are stated on the TOR
10. The Hamlin fistula Ethiopia reserves the right to accept and reject all or part of the Bid and to annul the Bidding process.
Interested Bidders could obtain further information or clarification with the following Address:
Tel.0113-716544/45/46 PO.box 3609 A.A. Fax, 0113-712866 E-mail [email protected]