The Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation
INVITATION FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Country: The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
Organization: Agricultural Transformation Agency
IFB Title: The Delivery of an Electronic Voucher System for Microfinance Institutions
IFB Number: ATA-TST-CON-2019-0001-R
1. The Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA) is an initiative of the Government of Ethiopia (GOE) established by federal regulation. ATA is currently engaged in promoting agricultural sector transformation by supporting existing structures of government, private sector and other nongovernmental partners to address systemic bottlenecks and deliver on a priority national agenda to achieve growth and food security.
2. The Agency has funds and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this fund to payments under the Contract for the procurement of “Delivery of an Electronic Voucher System for Microfinance Institutions”
3. Agricultural Transformation Agency is looking for an interested firm that can provide an E-voucher system which can accommodate the enrollment, issuance, redemption, reconciliation, loan collection, and reporting process of an overall IVS system. In addition, linking the system to stock movement should be considered. The system should create an environment facilitate, easy recording of important data, access to data as needed and track both the supply and demand of inputs as well as the payment of loans. The automated system should play a major role in solving the above-stated issues and also enable financial institutions and cooperatives to benefit from reduced transaction costs; and timely reconciliation of transactions. In addition to that, the proposed solution should help to prevent fraud and error, benefiting all stakeholders with data integrity and timely reporting. Government officials at different levels should also have access to real-time data on the distribution of inputs. These are the least expected features from the system. It is expected to deliver an automated IVS system with the capability to add other related services which can help to deliver better Rural Financial Services.
4. The system ATA is looking for should have the following attributes;
• Affordability and accessibility: Ensuring competitive costs for financial products, improving proximity of services to rural households, and increasing number of financial service outlets per head of population.
• Massive scalability: Leveraging low-cost technology solution and other innovative, low-cost ways of scaling services.
• Adaptability: Easy-to-understand services for rural households and systems that is simple to implement.
• Sustainability and feasibility: Commercially sound business cases for smallholder farmers, financial institutions, multipurpose cooperatives and other stakeholders, acceptable levels of risk, and due investment in setup and long-term infrastructure.
5. The EOI Document containing the details of qualification criteria, submission requirement, brief objective & scope of work and evaluation criteria etc. can be obtained from procurement team during working hours.
6. Last date for submission of EOI is February 18, 2020 up to 2:00 P.M.
7. Applicants meeting the qualification criteria may be invited for presentation / proposal before finalizing the evaluation process.
8. The Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency now invites eligible consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, Financial strength of the company etc.). Consultants may associate to enhance their qualifications.
9. Bid Document will be subsequently issued to the short-listed applicants only.
NOTE: Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency or any of it designates reserve the right to cancel this request for EoI and/or invite afresh with or without amendments, without liability or any obligation for such request for EoI and without assigning any reason. Information provided at this stage is indicative and ATA reserves the right to amend/add further details in the EoI.
10. The Address referred to above is:
Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA)
Senior Operation Director Office,
Bole, off Meskel Flower Road /Behind Mega Building – Across Commercial Graduates Association, Sterling Building, 74th floor, Tel. +251-115 -570678/85 or Cell phone +251-911-646029, 0911-446582 Fax + 251-115 570668,
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia