Amref Health Africa is going to undertake the construction of health facilities in different health centres and schools of Afar Regions, zone three and zone five in the following five lots
INVITATION TO BID
Amref Health Africa, the largest African led international organization on the continent, provides training and health services to over 30 countries in Africa. Founded in 1957 as the Flying Doctors of East Africa to bring critical health services to remote communities, Amref Health Africa now delivers preventative, community-based health care. With a focus on women and children, Amref Health Africa manages a full range of medical and public health programs tackling the most critical health challenges facing country focusing on three key programmatic areas: Reproductive, Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health (RMNCH); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Communicable and Non-communicable Diseases. Gender and human resources for health are crosscutting, reflected throughout the organization’s health portfolio. Our organization also engages in clinical outreach interventions and emergency programs including nutrition and resilience building of affected the continent: maternal and child care, HIV & TB, malaria, clean water and sanitation and surgical and clinical outreach.
Amref Health Africa partners with the Government of Ethiopia and local stakeholders to implement a diversified health project portfolios throughout the communities. In 2017, our programs supported 174 districts, 390 health facilities and 27 health science institutions, reaching 1.6 million beneficiaries, 29,654 health professionals and 17,792 health extension workers and health development agents.
Amref Health Africa has projects in Addis Ababa, Afar, Amhara, Benishangul-Gumuz, Gambella, Oromia, SNNP, Ethiopia Somali regions and nationwide health systems strengthening interventions focusing the capacity building of the National Health Extension Program.
1. Amref Health Africa is going to undertake the construction of health facilities in different health centres and schools of Afar Regions, zone three and zone five in the following five lots
A. Construction of maternity waiting rooms, school latrine, waste management facilities, water line system and health centre renovation in Awash 7 kilo & Awash Arba health centre of zone three Afar Region.
B. Construction of patient waiting room, renovation of health centre & health posts in Worer health centre, Sarkom & Bonta health post of Zone 3 Afar region
C. Construction of school latrine & renovation of health centre in Argoba, construction of maternity waiting room & renovation of health centre in Sabore health centre
D. Construction of maternity waiting room in Gewane health centre, construction of youth friendly service & school latrine in Debel health centre of Gelialo district
E. Construction of health centre & school latrine, renovation of health centre, water line system in Hadelela HC & Dalifage (Jara HC) of zone 5 Afar region
2. Contractors Licensed in GC/WWC Grade 6 and above are eligible to participate. The License should Valid for the Year.
The bid document can be purchased by interested bidders during office hour (Monday to Thursday 8:00Am to 5:00PM and Friday 8:30AM to 1:00 PM) from Amref Health Africa in Ethiopia Country Office or Awash field office up on payment of non-refundable fee of birr 150.00 (one hundred fifty birr only) by depositing to Amref health Africa Bank account: Wegagen bank /Shala branch/ Account number: 0075992910104, Account name: Amref health Africa. And bidder should present the bank advice with copy of renewed trade license, Tax Clearance Certificate, and VAT Registration Certificate is a must.
3. Bidders may obtain further information from Amref Health Africa, in Ethiopia, Country Office, and Addis Ababa. P.O.Box 20855 code 1000 Tele. 0116627851.
4. All bids must be accompanied by a bid security of 1% of total submitted cost, valid for 90 days in an acceptable Unconditional Bank Guarantee or CPO from known bank/company must be submitted on or before 10:00am on February 5th ,2020 G.C in Amref Health Africa, Ethiopia, Country office A.A. Bidder or their representative can be present during bid opening on February 5th , 2020 at 10:30 am in Amref Health Africa in Ethiopia Country Office A.A
5. Bids documents will be filled including technical document, all necessary information & returned to Amref Health Africa in Ethiopia Country office.
6. The bidder shall seal the original and copy of the bid in separate envelopes, duly marking the envelopes as “ORIGINAL” and “COPY” as appropriate, and forward both to the Employer. A separate sealed envelope marked “BID BOND” carrying the supplier’s Bid security should be included in the envelope carrying the original financial document.
7. Bidders should attach their technical & financial proposal in separate document.
8. A Contractor who is undertaking construction project for Amref Health Africa in Ethiopia and having a performance/progress of less than 80% is not eligible for this bid and Bidders cannot win more than one lot
9. The aforementioned Office reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids.
ADDRESS: Amref Health Africa in Ethiopia, Country Office, ADDIS ABABA, ETHIOPIA. P.O.Box 20855 code 1000
Bole Sub city woreda 03 House no: 2310 behind Bole Medihinalem Church beside "Abysinia Building"