AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF ) -Invitation to Contractors for the Construction of ADDITTIONAL BLOCKS
Invitation to Bid
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is a global not-for-profit organization that provides cutting edge medicine and advocacy regardless of individuals' ability to pay. Currently, AHF is providing HIV treatment and care to more than 1.3million clients in 43 countries worldwide. AHF is striving to replicate such achievements to countries like Ethiopia so that needy citizens get the chance to benefit from the program. AHF-Ethiopia has been supporting the Ethiopian Government in the effort to improve access by delivering comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment services through its standalone clinics and outreach HIV testing sites.
Invitation to Contractors for the Construction of ADDITTIONAL BLOCKS for SAINT PAUL HOSPITAL MILLINIUM MEDICAL COLLEGE (SPHMMC) ART CLINIC
1. AIDS HEALTHCARE FOUDNATION (AHF) ETHIOPIA (here in after also referred as AHF-ETHIOPIA) is an international not-for-profit organization, legally register at the Civil Society Agency license number 3136.AHF-ET and St Paul Hospital Millennium Medical College (SPHMMC) are partnering to improve the quality of service deliver at the ART Clinic. Hereby, AHF –ET invites the bidders for the construction of ADDITTIONAL BLOCK for St. PAUL HOSPITAL MILLINIUM MEDICAL COLLEGE (SPHMMC) ART CLINIC at hospital rented compound found around the hospital through Competitive Bidding (ICB) Procedures. The block will be a U-shaped building having 8(eight) rooms in an area of about 195 sq.m.
2. AHF-ET invites sealed bids for national BC/GC of Category 6 (Six) and above Contractors that have Trade License on construction service valid for the current Ethiopian Fiscal Year 2011/or 2012, VAT Registration Certificate, TIN Certificate, Tax Clearance Certificate from Inland Revenue Administration valid within the bid process timed. Blacklisted contractors due to poor performance, termination of projects or any other reason should not compete; whenever recognized will be automatically rejected.
3. Interested bidders must collect for free the English version of the bid document and pro-forma from AIDS HEALTHCARE FOUNDATION (AHF)-ETHIOPIA Country Office, Address: Addis Ababa, Bole Sub-City, woreda 04, around Megenagna, Lem Hotel area, next to Panorama Hotel, 5th floor on working days starting from the first date of this announcement as published on the newspaper and up to Nov 12, 2019 4:30 pm, from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
4. Bid proposals comprising Technical and Financial documents shall be sealed and submitted in two separate envelopes. The first envelope shall contain the original technical (qualification) proposal and inside also a smaller envelop for the bid bond/CPO. The second envelope shall contain the financial proposal/quotation and inside the sealed and copy of the financial proposal. Bid shall be valid for a period of 60 days after the bid opening. Failure to uttering any of which would cause rejection from the bid. Both shall be submitted at the address mentioned above, starting from the first date of this announcement as published on the newspaper.
5. The bids must be accompanied by a bid security of 2% (two percent) of the total submitted cost as specified in the tender documents and separately sealed within the technical document, first envelope. The bid security/bid bond shall be in the form of Certified Payment Order (CPO), as described in the bid document and addressed to AIDS HEALTHCARE FOUDNATION (AHF) ETHIOPIA. Any other form is not acceptable.
6. Bidders shall submit their proposal by clearly writing the following information on each of the two envelopes: Bidders name, its address, legal stamp, name of the construction site and address and submitted to AIDS HEALTHCARE FOUDATION (AHF), Type of document : ‘TENDER TO CONSTRUCTION OF ADDITIONAL BLOCK for SPHMMC ART CLINIC, ADDIS ABABA’. Any bid shall be returned unopened otherwise.
7. Bid submission will be closed on Nov 12, 2019 at 3:00 PM. Late bids shall be rejected and will be returned unopened to the Bidder.
8. The original Technical proposal will be opened in the presence of the Bidders or their representatives who wants to attend. The financial document of those contractors scoring below 70 (Seventy) points on their technical evaluation would be returned back. Those contractors who scored 70 (seventy) points and above on technical evaluation would compete for least financial proposal. If the price is way out of the engineering estimate, AHF may choose to cancel all or re-advertise the bid. Any calculation errors and those bid not fulfilling the requirement or criteria will be ground for automatic rejection.
9. Bidder shall give sequential page number properly for each of its submitted technical document. In the absence of which, AHF-ET would not assume liabilities for any allegation of missing pages. Requirement on technical documents are stated on the bid document.
10. AHF-ET reserves the right to accept or reject any part thereof or the whole bid.
11. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information and clarification on the bid documents from AHF-ETHIOPIA Country Office address as above 4th floor of the building in person or by telephone Tel. +251-116592836 and +251911417374.