CARE … Invitation for Bid for Consultancy for EIA (Environmental Impact Assessment
Invitation to Bid
Section 1- Background
CARE is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. We are known everywhere for our unshakeable commitment to the dignity of people. CARE works around the globe to save lives, defeat poverty and achieve social justice. We seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and all people live with dignity and security. We put women and girls in the center because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities. This Core Values Commitment describes who we are, what we do, and how we do it. It reflects our Core Values of TRANSFORMATION, INTEGRITY, DIVERSITY, EXCELLENCE, and EQUALITY, which serve as a foundation for all that we do.
Section 2 - Overview of the project
CARE Ethiopia, through its Partners for Resilience (PfR) project, is planning to support the Afar Region's Environmental protection and Rural land use and administration Bureau. In the development of strategic document that guide the respective sector.
In this regard, commissions the development of:
Contextualized and IRM sensitive Environmental Impact Assessment Guideline.
Section 3 - Purpose and Scope of the consultancy
The specific objectives of the assignment are:
• To assess and understand the national & Afar region EIA practices and criteria being employed to approve investment in the regions.
• Conduct a desk review of existing policies and legislations to identify the gaps and opportunities for better integration of emerging issues such as Climate change: adaptation and mitigation, Disaster Risk management, Ecosystem management, health, gender and rights into the national large, medium and small capital projects design, implementation and M and E.
• To develop contextualised and IRM sensitive Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) guideline that will be used to assess the environmental feasibility of government as well as Private investments to be undertaken in Afar region.
Section 4 - Skills and qualifications
Education and Experience and Composition of the Consultancy Team
• Advanced university degree in Disaster Risk Management, Climate Change, and Early Warning Systems, Environment, Natural Resource Management or any related field and 5 and above years’ experience.
• It is expected that the consultancy firm to have a team of consisting of at least 3 principal experts having different expertise. This does not include data collectors.
• Impressive track record in delivering similar assignments and works and who can present testimonial documents.
• It is highly recommended that this assignment to be done by a consultancy firm, research institute Universities who worked with any of the PfR consortium Member organization on PfR-I & PfR II projects, especially on similar assignments.
• Demonstrated or specialized experience in policy and strategy development, programme/project design, management, capacity development, knowledge management, research and documentation;
• Demonstrable professional qualifications in DRR, Climate change, Environment, Natural Resource Management and Social Development studies;
• Experience of working with NGOs on DRR, Climate Change, Environment, Natural Resource.
Section 5 – Eligibility Criteria
All bids shall be accompanied by a valid/renewed license for the year 2011 E.C., TIN certificate and VAT registration certificate. CARE Ethiopia will consider value for money on evaluating the bid.
Section 6 – Bid Collection and Submission of Proposal
Interested firms should send an email requesting the full TOR, at [email protected] to receive the full TOR. Or collect the ToR in person from the below address. All applications clearly marked as Consultancy for EIA (Environmental Impact Assessment) should be submitted in hard and soft copy in person to CARE Ethiopia, Procurement Unit, and Addis Ababa, around 22 Mazoria, behind Lex Plaza building, next to Ha’Geez Cultural Restaurant on or before 04 November 2019
Section 7 – Rejection of Bid
CARE Ethiopia reserves the right to accept or reject part and/ or all of the bids.
Please note that public Bid Opening is not applicable for this Invitation to Bid.
For any clarification, please contact CARE Ethiopia Country Office- Tel. (+251) 011 6183294