Consulting on International Public Accounting Standards
Invitation for Bid for consulting on International Public Accounting Standards (IPSAS)
International Rescue Committee (IRC) - Ethiopia Program has been working in Ethiopia since 1999 and is implementing integrated community-managed programs aimed at improving the quality of lives and recovery of livelihoods of disaster-affected populations through promoting individual participation, strengthening institutions and emergency response.
IRC has been following US GAAP in recognition, measurement, reporting, and disclosure of financial statements. All its policies, accounting software, practices are designed with GAAP principles.
The Government of Ethiopia, however, fully adopted IPSAS as issued by International Public Accounting Standard Board (IPSASB) and requires public interest entities that operating in Ethiopia to nationally transit to IPSAS. One of the public interest entities that are subjected to the adoption are Charities and Societies. As one of the civil society entities operating in Ethiopia, IRC Ethiopia was communicated same by Accounting and Auditing Board of Ethiopia (AABE) to register and also to implement IPSAS starting 5th Dec 2014.
IRC Ethiopia has developed a road map for the adoption of IPSAS. As part of that road map, IRC Ethiopia would like to hire a consultancy firm that can provide technical assistant in the overall implementation of IPSAS.
.The tender remain open from June 25, 2018to July 10, 2018. Bid documents can be obtained from;
IRC Ethiopia Program Office
TK Building 6th Floor, near Bole Airport
Bole Road, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Telephone (0116) 638301/6735/6/7
- The duly completed documents should be submitted according to the instruction in the bid documents.
- Bids shall be opened in the presence of interested bidders or their representative on July 10, 2018 at 10:30 Am at the IRC Ethiopia program office.
- For further information any bidder can contact us Tel. +251 11 663 83 01/02.
- Late bids will be rejected.
- IRC shall not be bound to accept the lowest priced bid or any bid submitted, and any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.