The procurement of various medical equipment.
FOR THE PROCUREMENT OF VARIOUS MEDICAL EQUIPMENT
Floating Date: - As of May 20, 2018
Closing Date – May 30, 2018
Tender no. 0015
Amref Health Africa, the largest African led international organization on the continent, provides training and health services to over 30 countries in Africa. Founded in 1957 as the Flying Doctors of East Africa to bring critical health services to remote communities, Amref Health Africa now delivers preventative, community-based health care. With a focus on women and children, Amref Health Africa manages a full range of medical and public health programs tackling the most critical health challenges facing country focusing on three key programmatic areas: Reproductive, Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health (RMNCH); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Communicable and Non-communicable Diseases. Gender and human resources for health are crosscutting, reflected throughout the organization’s health portfolio. Our organization also engages in clinical outreach interventions and emergency programs including nutrition and resilience building of affected the continent: maternal and child care, HIV & TB, malaria, clean water and sanitation and surgical and clinical outreach.
Amref Health Africa partners with the Government of Ethiopia and local stakeholders to implement a diversified health project portfolios throughout the communities. In 2017, our programs supported 174 districts, 390 health facilities and 27 health science institutions, reaching 1.6 million beneficiaries, 29,654 health professionals and 17,792 health extension workers and health development agents.
Amref Health Africa has projects in Addis Ababa, Afar, Amhara, Benishangul-Gumuz, Gambella, Oromia, SNNP, Ethiopia Somali regions and nationwide health systems strengthening interventions focusing the capacity building of the National Health Extension Program.
1. Amref Health Africa, Ethiopia office intends to invite all interested and eligible bidders by this bid invitation for the procurement of various medical equipment.
2. Bid Document can be obtained from Amref Health Africa Ethiopia office during office hours (Monday to Friday at 12:00 a.m.) up on payment of non-refundable fee of birr 150.00 (one hundred fifty birr only). Presentation copy of renewed trade license, Tax Clearance Certificate, and VAT Registration Certificate is a must.
3. All firms organized and licensed under the laws of Ethiopia that qualify to bid are invited to participate in this bid and have to fulfill the following requirements in addition to the above mentioned requirement.
- Bidders should have a valid and renewed trade license for the year;
- Bidders should be VAT registered
- DACA Registration Certificate
4. All bids must accompanied by a bid security in the amount of birr 5,000.00
- The bid bond shall be furnished in one of the following forms:-
i. Certified Cheque/CPO issued by a recognized bank
ii. Bond issued by and/or confirmed through a recognized /reputable bank
6. Bids shall be submitted on or before May 30, 2018; 10:00 A.M. in the following address.
Amref Health Africa / Ethiopia office
7. Bole Sub-City, Woreda 03, H.No. 2310 Behind Bole Medhanialem Church or Beside “Abyssinia Plaza”
P.O.Box 20855 code 1000 ,Tel. 0116630541 ADDIS ABABA, ETHIOPIA
8. Bid opening shall be held in the presence of bidders and/or their representatives who wish to attend, on May 30, 2018; at 10:30 A.M.Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Procurement Unit, ,
P.O.Box 20855 code 1000 ,
The aforementioned Office reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids.