the Livelihoods for Resilience Activity is seeking a consultant to assess the sustainability of GRAD structures and outcomes through both quantitative and qualitative methods
CALL FOR CONSULTANCY
Bid No. 008/2019
The Graduation with Resilience to Achieve Sustainable Development (GRAD) project was a USAID funded project implemented by a consortium led by CARE from 2011 to 2016.
The Livelihoods for Resilience Activity (“GRAD 2”)—also funded by USAID and implemented by a CARE-led consortium—is the follow-on project to GRAD. The Livelihoods for Resilience Activity builds on learning from GRAD, and is now seeking to better understand the sustainability of GRAD’s interventions and outcomes.
The Livelihoods for Resilience Activity design looked at the positive impact of GRAD (average annual income of households increased by $367 USD over the life of the project, plus a variety of other positive outcomes on access to finance and inputs, women’s equality, and nutrition) as well as project learning, andbuilt a new design incorporating the same elements. However, due to the project’s focus on resilience as well as learning, it is important to re-examine these assumptions and ensure that there is a good understanding of the sustainability of project outputs and outcomes, in order to adapt and strengthen implementation strategies under the current project.
Therefore, the Livelihoods for Resilience Activity is seeking a consultant to assess the sustainability of GRAD structures and outcomes through both quantitative and qualitative methods.
Knowledge and experience of team
• Strong knowledge ofmarket-based approaches in rural development
• Extensive experience in quantitative survey methods, includingstatistical analysis, and qualitative research methods
• Extensive experience in qualitative survey methods
• Knowledge and understanding of the rural Ethiopian context, and particularly rural livelihoods
• Knowledge of the languages of Tigray, Amhara, and SNNPR
Skills and qualifications
• Minimum of graduate degree in economics, business, rural development, or related field, with demonstrated, relevant professional practice during the last five years
• Strong data analysis skills and strong general analytical skills
• Excellent writing skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and work well with diverse people.
Applicants should submit their technical proposal and financial proposal separately. The technical and financial proposals constitute 80% and 20% of the total evaluation score, respectively. The first three firms/consultants with the highest technical points will be considered for the next round of opening their financial proposal. CARE Ethiopia has the right to contact short listed and potential candidates to present their proposal to the team and negotiate on terms and conditions if required.
Interested firms should send an email requesting the full TOR, please email ([email protected])to receive the full TOR. Deadline to submit the proposal is March 25, 2019 at 5:00PM. All applications clearly marked as “Livelihoods for Resilience GRAD Sustainability Consultancy” should be submitted in person to CARE Ethiopia, Procurement Unit, Addis Ababa, around 22 Mazoria, behind Lex Plaza building, next to Ha’Geez Cultural Restaurant.
CARE reserves the right to reject any and all non-responsive or otherwise unacceptable proposals.