Farm Africa Ethiopia Office … Request for Expression of Interest for Design, Supply and Installation of Solar Pumping System
Request for Expression of Interest for Design, Supply and Installation of Solar Pumping System for Small-scale Irrigation Projects at Dollo Ado District; Liban Zone; Somali Region.
The World Food Programme (WFP), Mercy Corps (MC), and Farm Africa with funds from the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA) initiated this development programme called:“Livelihood Promotion and Resilience Building of host and refugee communities in the Dollo Ado area of the Somali Region”.
The project is part of the World Food Programme’s approach which focuses on climate risk solutions, local capacity strengthening, and early warning, surveillance and feedback mechanisms.The key components of the Farm Africa “Livelihoods Promotion and Resilience Building” Project include:
• Crop-livestock production through suitable irrigation scheme development.
• Natural Resources Management for Environmental Resilience
The project will be implemented in Dolo Ado Woreda of the Somali Regional State.
A key component of the project is Design, Supply and Installation of Solar Pumping System for small-scale Irrigation Projects at Dollo Ado District; Liban Zone; Somali Region around the Genale River.
Design, supply, install, test and train solar powered Irrigation pump for small scale irrigation scheme in Somali region Liban Zone Dollo Ado WeredaKoleHellewayn and Bur-amino kebeles along theGenale River which the source of water to be pumped from the river to irrigate a minimum of 15 ha at each site for demonstration purposes that will be broadened in the future.
• The company must have a minimum of five years’ experience in solar pumping field in Ethiopia.
• The company must have contracted a minimum of five similar projects in Ethiopia in the past 3 years and is able to provide evidence of the same.
• The company is required to clearly provide assigned experts CVs, clearly stating their roles and responsibilities of this particular project.
• The contractor is willing to allow Farm Africa to visit the company.
• The company should provide evidence of previous project experience for the provision of similar supply and installation work required by this ToR.
• The bidder should have valid license or legally registered for the provision of similar consultancyservicesandhaving TAX registration certificates.
Deadline and Submission of Documents:
1) Interested bidders should collect the ToR document from our office or may also request via [email protected]; and can submit their CVs and technical & financial proposals in sealed bids to our reception desk or send directly to our bidding email - [email protected] until March 13, 2019;
2) Proposals submitted by unqualified bidders; and those arriving later than the final submission date and time shall be rejected without further notice;
3) Farm Africa for this task reserve the right to accept or reject any or all the proposals;
4) Any Request for clarifications/enquiries can be forwarded to [email protected] or using the following address:
Farm Africa Ethiopia Office Hussein Agraw Bldg. 6th floor, Kanzanchis, adjacent to Enat Bank Tel. 011 557 3317, Fax- 011 557 3332.