Democratic Republic of Ethiopia Consultancy Servicefor preparation of Project (Program
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL SELECTION)
Name of Project: Economic Opportunities Program
Assignment Title:Consultancy Servicefor preparation of Project (Program) Operations Manual
The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Ethiopian Investment Commission, has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of theEconomic Opportunities Program, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services for the Preparation of Project Operations Manual.
The objective of the assignment is to develop a Project Operations Manual (POM) for the Economic Opportunities Program (EOP)in line with the Program Appraisal Document and to address how the project would operate. The POM should be designed with a view to meet the requirements/expectations of the project and should take into account the should be designed with a view to meet the requirements/expectations of the program and should take into account the requirements of the federal government and the EIC. It should provide reasonable assurance that the program funds are being used effectively and efficiently for their intended purpose.
The Consulting Services (“the Services”) include, but are not limited to the following:
• Program objectives, key results and expected outcomes
• Program description, duration,scope,key features,financing modalities, eligible expenditure frameworks and disbursement linked indicators
• Annual performance assessment & quality assurance tools for both the PforR and IPF programs
• Program organization and management
• Description of the overall institutional and implementation arrangements, including those relating to use of the proceeds from the program funds
• Detailed description of how the project will be managed and how decisions will be made with participating entities
• Planning and budgeting under the PforR and IPF program inline with the GoE’s procedure
• Procurement management, policy, legal, institutional & operational framework for the Pfor R and IPF window inline with the requirements of the GoE and The World Bank with details of responsibilities of each implementing entities and the PCU
• Financial management and audit arrangements under the PforR and the IPF window and Financial Management roles and responsibilities of the PCU, EIC, IPDC, MoLSA and ARRA
• Policy, legal, institutional & operational framework of environmental and social management, health & safety system
• Legal & institutional framework, procedures, result notification procedures complaint handling system and establishment of a procurement complaint handling register.Error! Bookmark not defined.Including World Bank Grievance Redress Service (GRS)
• Fraud, Ethics and Corruption handling system that align with the WB’s Anti-Corruption Guidelines
• Operational framework, objectives, key principles, thematic focus areas and modalities of capacity building with capacity self-assessment tool
• Results monitoring, evaluation & reporting system
• Risks Mitigation and Monitoring System & Program Risk Logical Framework
• Program Action Plan (PAP)
• Key templates and formants that include ToRs, Checklists, Results Framework and Monitoring and template for capacity building plan and report.
The consultant will be expected to consult and work closely with relevant key stakeholders in the PCU, EIC, IPDC, MoLSA and ARRA, MOFED and the World Bank.The assignment will begin with a preparation phase, which will include review of documents like Project Appraisal Document (PAD), Financial Agreement (FA), project paper and, Aide memoires, etc.
The Consultant will produce POM and report to the PCU and EIC management and to other relevant stakeholders, i.e., MOFED and the World Bank.
The consulting Service will be implemented in 2 (two) calendarmonths time beginning from contract signature.
The Ethiopian Investment Commission, Economic Opportunities Programnow invites eligible individual consultants(“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services.
Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The shortlisting criteria are:
The following are necessary competencies:
• Comprehensive and current knowledge of Government/world Bank project preparation design and implementation, understanding of the working of public financial management systems, and the financial management of specific programs in that context.
• Public sector financing in Ethiopia including an understanding of the decentralized system
• An understanding of the legal frameworks for funding in Ethiopia.
The individual consultant shall also have adequateEducational qualifications MA or above in relevant fieldswith at least Ten Years’ of experience in project development, implementation and management consulting services.
Credible/verifiable experience in similar work (Preparation of Operation Manuals) particularly for World Bank financed projects is required.
Consultants should give information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (CV, Relevant Testimonies, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, etc.).
The attention of the Consultants is drawn to paragraph 3.14 of Procurement in Investment Project Financing Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services of July 2016, setting forth in the World Bank IBRD-IDA Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual consultant (IC) Selection methodset out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 8.30-12:30 AM and 2:00- 5:00 PM local time from Monday to Thursday and from 8.30-5:30 AM and 2:00- 5:00 PM local time on Fridays.
Expression of Interest along with Documentary Evidences can be sent through the e-mail: [email protected] with a copy to e-mail: [email protected] or can be delivered to the address below marked “Expression of Interest for the Consultancy Service for the preparation of Project Operation Manual, Procurement Package Reference No.: ET-EIC-41501-CS-INDVon or before 15th March 2019up to 4:30 P.M local time.
Ethiopian Investment Commission, Economic Opportunities Program,
Bole Road around Olympia.
Attn: Program Director or Procurement Specialist
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.