The Association of Ethiopian Micro Finance Institutions now invites qualified and eligible bidders to participate in this bid to provide the equipment and related services
Association of Ethiopian Microfinance Institutions (AEMFI)
INVITATION TO BID
Procurement of Hardware and Software components for the setup of a Data Center hosting the central infrastructure of common Core Banking Software for Ethiopian Microfinance Institutions
Bid Ref No: AEMFI-G\1-2019________________________________________
1. The Association of Ethiopian Microfinance Institutions (AEMFI) is one of the most developed microfinance networks in Africa. Among the crucial challenges to the development of the microfinance industry in Ethiopia is the weak IT system of the practitioners in the sector, most of whom conduct paper-based operations. As a leading institution to support MFIs in using technology to improve their efficiency in information collection, processing and service delivery standards, AEMFI has selected a common core banking software to be implemented for its 25 small- and medium-sized MFI members, and is now preparing the setup of a Data Center hosting the central infrastructure of the common Core Banking Software.
2. The Association of Ethiopian Micro Finance Institutions now invites qualified and eligible bidders to participate in this bid to provide the equipment and related services mentioned below.
3. The scope of the bid will be as follows:
• Provision of the hardware equipment suited to the needs expressed by AEMFI
• Local Setup of the equipment
• Training of the technical teams to setup and maintain the equipment
• Dedicated assistance for the remaining tasks
• Warranty period for the equipment
4. The hardware equipment proposed by bidders would be both for the Main Data Center Site and for the Disaster Recovery Site. It could be classified into the following categories:
• Lot I: Servers and Network Equipment, including, but not limited to: servers, Rack-Mountable KVM for server interaction, Storage Area Network (SAN) for data storage, port access switches, firewalls, server rack, Cabling as relevant for the above installation, Software to be installed on the above described machines
• Lot II: Security, including, but not limited to: Biometric Access Control systems, Security camera, Intrusion Detection system, Safe…
• Lot III: General infrastructure, including, but not limited to: Inverter, UPS, STS switch, AVR (Voltage Regulators), Temperature & humidity Detectors, Smoke Detectors, fire extinguishers, Generator, raised Floor to protect the sensitive hardware from water damages, Air Conditioning devices, water leak detection system
5. The bid document can be obtained upon payment of a non-refundable fee of 50 USD (Fifty US Dollar) or an equivalent amount in Ethiopian birr from our office at the address below.
6. Bids must be accompanied with renewed trade license, tax clearance certificate and VAT registration certificate.
7. The Invitation to Bid will be floated from the date of the announcement in reputable nationwide newspapers for 45 consecutive days.
8. Submission of proposals must be in sealed envelopes and marked as ‘Tender for Procurement of Hardware and Software components for the setup of a Data Center hosting the central infrastructure of common Core Banking Software for Ethiopian Microfinance Institutions’, before or on the last date of floating until 5:00pm, to the address indicated in the bid document and must be accompanied by a bid security amount indicated in the bid document.
9. Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before the last date of floating. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the Bidders’ designated representatives at the address below on the next working day after the last day of floating at 9:30 am.
10. Bid documents presented by any bidder after the closing date and time shall not be accepted and will be rejected.
11. AEMFI reserves the right to accept or reject a part/all of the entire bid without being obliged to explain about the reasons thereof.
12. The address (es) referred to above is(are):Association of Ethiopian Microfinance Institutions
Tel: +251-115 57 22 02/ +251 115572170/+251118960665, Fax: +251-115 57 21 98
Bole Road, Opposite Bole printing press, near Damu Hotel
AEMFI Building, 3rd floor, Addis Ababa