Title… OXFAM is seeking for professional service providers engaged in the provision of consultancy services / Rollout of multi-village water supply management model and promotion of hygiene and sanitation
Request for Proposal | Invitation to Open National Tender
Tender Title: Rollout of multi-village water supply management model and promotion of hygiene and sanitation in Somali region
OXFAM is a UK based International Humanitarian and Development Organization working in Ethiopia since the 1960s.
Following a UNICEF 2017 study of rural water management in Ethiopia, a model for an innovative approach was developed for managing large multi-village schemes, moving away from purely voluntary WASHCOs towards a professional utility team that will maintain the system as well as setting and collecting appropriate tariffs to cover costs. This project will facilitate the introduction and trial of this model in the Somali Region in a cluster of water schemes in the Siti Zone developed on deep climate-resilient boreholes and constructed by the Somali Region Water Bureau and UNICEF.
OXFAM is planning to conduct a baseline study with the following objectives:
• To measure the baseline value and validate the corresponding target value for all the indicators outlined in the Project Logical Framework (LF)/MEAL Plan, providing disaggregated data (as required);
• To collect information on socio-economic and KAP aspects that help to better define the context in which the Project is going to be implemented (by complementing and integrating already existing information);
• To countercheck the feasibility and validate the elements of the Monitoring Plan, integrating and reviewing the methodology there proposed for measuring the indicators;
• To assess and develop methodological approaches for estimating individuals’ capacity and willingness to pay (WTP) for rural water supply services
• To provide relevant basis and guidelines to the project planning and implementation and to the overall M&E system.
Oxfam is seeking for professional service providers engaged in the provision of consultancy services and hereby invites potential applicants with the qualifications and competencies listed hereunder:
- Legally Eligible
- Relevant university degree (postgraduate degree preferred).
- Exceptionally high level of attention to detail in carrying out surveys
- Knowledge of information and communications technology for data collection using mobile and tablets using appropriate open source and free access software
- Proven expertise in the domains of WASH particularly in Utility Model
- Proven knowledge and experience in developing and conducting baseline studies
- Solid methodological and analytical skills
- Knowledge of local context of Somali Region
- Ability to respond to comments and questions in a timely, appropriate manner
- Fluency in English and strong presentation skill
Interested applicants can collect the TOR and tender documents from OXFAM, Ethiopia Program Office, starting from February 26, 2019 till March 19, 2019. Applicants are required to carefully read through the TOR and tender documents, make a note of the planned time table, and submit their responses by/before March 22, 2019 (2:00 PM).
This invitation to tender has been issued for the sole purpose of obtaining offers for the provision of the services requested against the TOR and related documents contained within the tender document. OXFAM reserves the right not to enter into or award a contract as result of this invitation to tender. OXFAM also reserves the right to terminate any contract issued as a result of this ITT as set out in the contract terms and conditions.
OXFAM in Ethiopia, AA office is located close to DHL office on the road from Bole to Megenagna.