Family Health International (FHI360… Request for Proposal (RFP) for Travel Agent Services
Request for Proposal (RFP) for Travel Agent Services
Family Health International (FHI360)-Ethiopia is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. States and territories.
Family Health International (FHI 360) – Ethiopia; which is registered with the Charities and Societies Agency under license number 0092, is seeking proposals from companies capable of providing travel agent services for FHI 360 Ethiopia.
The specifications and requirements contained in this document constitute a Request for Proposal (hereinafter referred to as the “RFP”). This RFP does not in any manner whatsoever constitute a commitment or obligation to accept any proposal, in whole or in part, which is received in response to this RFP, nor does it constitute any obligation to acquire any services or goods.
The final selection will be based on best value, with a primary focus on approach, personnel, and organizational capabilities/experience and cost as a secondary factor.
The contract will be for 12 months. Non-competitive purchase orders may be awarded to the company for additional two fiscal years by mutual agreement. The contracting organization reserves the right to reconsider the agreement at any time if services no longer meet expectations.
1. TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS AND SCOPE OF WORK
Minimum Standards for Travel Agent Contract
Travel Agent Service Specifications to be provided for 12 months with possibility of extension:
I. The Travel Agent shall have in its current office all the necessary equipment and facilities and shall employ a sufficient number of experienced and professionally trained travel experts and staff to handle minimum requirements of the FHI 360 system.
II. The successful Travel Agent who will be contracted to serve the needs of the FHI 360 shall have the following minimum qualifications:
Accredited BSP/IATA Travel Agent
Maintains a good track record in serving international organizations, embassies and multinational corporations; list of corporate clients should be provided.
Employs competent and experienced travel consultants, especially experience in booking reservations, ticketing and fare computations, as evidenced by their track record in their Curriculum Vitae. Employs
Financially stable – annual report or recently audited financial statement to be provided
Based on the Travel Agent Service Specifications (Term of References),your company is invited to submit a proposal. The TOR can be collected from FHI 360 Office,Kirkos Sub City, Meskel Flower Area, Kebele 02, House No. 193, in Front of Adot Tina Hotel in person ORcan be requestedthrough the following
e-mail address:[email protected] / [email protected] Please do not exceed a maximum of 14 pages for the following information. The 14 pages limit does not include the budget and budget notes.Travel Agent Companies may send any questions that they need to be clarified prior to the expire of the submission of their proposal through: [email protected]
1. Corporate Statement Qualifications (See 2 below)
2. Your company’s approach to fulfilling the requirements of the Travel Agent service specifications (stated in the TOR to be collected from FHI 360 Office)
3. The relevant experience and background of your company and staff
4. Complete price proposal.
2. Corporate Qualifications Statement
Your proposal must include a background statement of corporate history, nature of ownership information and references. Please prepare a response to the following questions:
• Name of Company, Address, Telephone Number, Website or email address, Name of the principal owner/manager, Number of years in business, Number of employees and Qualifications of employees.
• Three business references for which you have provided similar service in the past 2 years:
Name of Company and Address,
Contact and Contact Phone number,
And brief description of services preformed
All proposals shall be submitted in English except such supporting business registration documents as may originally be issued in Amharic or any other official languages, which should be submitted with a full translation.
• The cost should be quoted in Ethiopian Birr (ETB) and any taxes or other indirect costs should clearly be listed as separate line items in the quote.
• The technical response and the cost response should be separately packaged.
• The packages should be hand delivered to the reception desk of Family Health International Office, which is located on Gabon Road, Meskel Flower Area around ADOT TINA HOTEL, Kirkos Sub City, Kebele 02, Telephone 0114-668168
• Responses should be received within 10 Working days from the date of the posting of the request for proposals. Any proposals received after 10 working days (March 8, 2019 at 1:00PM) will not be considered.
• Submission format in “Hard Copy”