Farm Africa...Request for Expression of Interest for Conducting Design of appropriate small-scale irrigation scheme through water pumping system.
Request for Expression of Interest for Conducting Design of appropriate small-scale irrigation scheme through water pumping system.
The World Food Programme (WFP), Mercy Corps (MC), and Farm Africa with funds from the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA) initiated this development programme called:
“Livelihood Promotion and Resilience Building of host and refugee communities in the Dollo Ado
area of the Somali Region”
The project is part of the World Food Programme’s approach which focuses on climate risk solutions, local capacity strengthening, and early warning, surveillance and feedback mechanisms.
The key components of the Farm Africa “Livelihoods Promotion and Resilience Building” Project
• Crop-livestock production through suitable irrigation scheme development.
• Natural Resources Management for Environmental Resilience
The project will be implemented in Dolo Ado Woreda of the Somali Regional State.
A key component of the project is the design and implementation of an irrigation scheme and related structure for 1,000 hectares of land around the Genale River.
The objective of this assignment is to:
(i) Conduct topographic survey and collect necessary information for technical design: (ii) Develop detailed technical design of the small-scale irrigation scheme in the selected
priority sites, including technical design drawing and report; and design all the necessary facilities (pumphouse, primary and feeder canals, water control gates, etc.
(iii) Prepare bidding document for the construction of the small-scale irrigation scheme in the selected priority sites.
The Consulting firm is expected to be an experienced company in provision of professional services on irrigation and infrastructure-related design and supervision works, engineering survey, namely irrigation and water supply. The Consulting firm will mobilize a core team of minimum of 2 surveyors, 1 irrigation engineers and 1 GIS expert with experience in irrigation scheme design. Additional human resources (optional); field data collectors/enumerators may need to be mobilized by the Consultant for timely completion of the Contract.
The consultant firm should have valid license or legally registered for the provision of similar consultancy services and having TAX registration certificates.
Deadline and Submission of Documents:
1) Interested consultants/bidders should collect the ToR document from our office or may also request via [email protected]; and can submit their CVs and technical & financial proposals in sealed bids to our reception desk or send directly to our bidding email - [email protected] until October 10, 2018;
2) Proposals submitted by unqualified bidders; and those arriving later than the final
submission date and time shall be rejected without further notice;
3) Farm Africa for this task reserve the right to accept or reject any or all the proposals;
4) Any Request for clarifications/enquiries can be forwarded to [email protected] or using the following address:
Farm Africa Ethiopia Office Hussein Agraw Bldg. 6th floor, Kanzanchis, adjacent to
Enat Bank Tel. 011 557 3317, Fax- 011 557 3332.