The Federal Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (FEACC) Call for Professional Services/technical expert on review Contract Management and Administration Systems of Mega Projects
The Federal Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (FEACC)
Call for Professional Services/technical expert on review Contract Management and Administration Systems of Mega Projects
The Federal Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (FEACC) was established as early as 2001 to promote integrity and fight corruption in all its forms. The Commission is tasked among other things to prevent corruption by studying the practices and working procedures in public offices, public enterprises and public organizations thereby ensuring the revision of methods of work, which may be conducive to corrupt practices.
In line with its legal mandate, the commission is currently reviewing the contract management and administration system of mega projects and wants to hire two technical experts who can support the review process and produce the intended outputs.
The FEACC now invites qualified professionals who fulfill the requirements stated in this notice to participate.
Scope of Work
The role of the prospective technical expert will be to assist the team at Corruption Prevention Directorate to review the contract management and administration system of selected five mega public projects, write review findings report for each project and final present all at a stakeholder’s workshop.
The technical expert is also required to provide training to FEACC and REACCs to enhance their supervisory skills in similar tasks.
Under the overall guidance of the Corruption Prevention Directorate, the technical expert is required to undertake the following work:-
• Provide technical advice to the study team established at the commission;
• In collaboration with the study team,
o Prepare detail Work Plan,
o Design the extent of the reviewing and training work,
o Design and prepare detail proposal of reviewing tools and methodologies of Mega Public Projects.
o Design and Prepare detail training plan,
o Identify and design means of stakeholder’s involvement in providing basic data/ information for the work,
o Review financial and physical performance of selected mega projects
o Facilitate and lead focus group discussion (FGD) with the necessary stakeholders,
o Prepare review finding report for each mega project
o Present review findings at a stakeholder’s workshops in Addis Ababa and selected regions, and
o Provide training to experts of FEACC and Regional counterparts on how to review of mega projects.
The technical expert is required to produce, in close liaison with the Corruption Prevention Directorate, the following outputs:
• Detailed Work plan;
• Comprehensive Checklist for review of mega projects;
• Work progress reports;
• Write up of review findings reports on each Mega Project;
• Capacity building training for FEACCand REACCs experts on how to review financial and physical performance of mega public projects; and
• Present findings and review recommendations at a stakeholder’s workshop.
The expected start date of the assignment is March 25, 2019 and the assignment is assumed to be completed by 28 June 2019. Still, the indicative time frame is negotiable.
Number of experts required
• Two experts. A separate contract agreement will be signed with each.
How to Apply
1. The complete TOR for the required services can be collected in person from the FEACC procurement office (address expressed below) during working hours from 08:30 Am to 04:30 PM, Monday to Friday, starting from February 18 – March 3/2019 and on March 4/2019 from 08:30 Am to on or before 02:00 P.M.
2. Interested applicants are strongly recommended to thoroughly examine the TOR before submitting their application.
3. Applicants with business License should Submit the following documents with the technical proposal:-
• Renewed Business License;
• Vat registration Certificate;
• Tax Payers registration Certificate;
• Current Tax Payment clearance;
• Suppliers Website registration Certificate;
• Completed and signed form which is attached with the TOR.
N.B. Applicants who do not have any Business License are not expected to submit the above documents but they will be subjected to 30% tax deduction.
4. Applications must be put in sealed envelope, clearly marked by “Applicants name and address and lots they apply and submit their technical and financial documents separately in one (1) original and one (1) copy for both, different envelope for each all separately sealed. Then submitted to the Federal Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission up to 04 March, 2019 on or before 02:00 P.M.
5. Applications will be closed and opened on the same day, 04 March 2019 at 02:00 PM and 02:30 PM respectively at the Federal Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission, Addis Ababa in the presences observers.
6. Any request for clarification must be provided in writing and in person to the address indicated below. In case FEACC seeks clarification on submitted documents, Applicants are not required to provide their responses in person. They can provide their response with the e-mail address below.
NB: - Applications through e-mail shall not be accepted.
- Late submissions will not be accepted.
- The FEACC reserves the right to accept or reject, in part or whole, any or all of the bid at any time without assigning any reason.
The Federal Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (FEACC)
Address: Kasanchise, next to the Ministry of Trade and Industry or Development Bank of Ethiopia or the building formerly housing the Ethiopia Government Housing Agency
Kirkos Sub-city, Woreda 08, House No. 403
Office: 1st floor, Office No. 108
Tel: +251-115-53-69-07 or 0911 67 79 67 or 0941 26 40 41
E-mail: [email protected]