FAMILY GUIDANCE ASSOCIATION OF ETHIOPIA
FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICE ON MID TERM EVALUAYION
Guidance Association of Ethiopia (FGAE) is an autonomous, non-profit, non-partisan and non-discriminatory non-government, volunteer Ethiopian Resident Charity Organization. Since its establishment, 1966, FGAE has been working to promote Sexual Reproductive Health and Family Planning rights and services. Currently it has eight Area Offices that coordinate more than 40 own and 370 private and public clinics across the country. FGAE has currently organized its annual plans in 11 thematic areas (Strategic Objectives) aligned to its five Strategic Outcomes. Important strategies have also been designed in the Strategic Plan to facilitate smooth and effective process to achieve these targets. June 2018 marks the mid-term of the SP and thus calls for the review of the effectiveness of FGAE in achieving the planned targets.
Purpose and Objectives of the Evaluation
The purpose of this evaluation is to assess FGAE’s mid-term progress in meeting the objectives of the SP 2016 - 2020 and identify key success factors and areas for improvement to be considered in the remaining period of the Strategic Plan.
The major objectives of the mid-term review include, but are not limited, to:
- Review the mid-term progress of FGAE in terms of its effectiveness and efficiency in the implementation of its SP (2016-2020);
- Assess programmatic and institutional achievements against the set targets of the SP;
- Assess the level of gender mainstreaming in FGAE’s policies and programmatic interpretations;
- Make an environmental scan of the SRH arena in the country in general and the opportunities and threats for FGAE, in particular.
- Forward key recommendations that inform FGAE’s SP in the remaining period;
To this effect, FGAE would like to engage a qualified Consultancy Firm with extensive and demonstrated experience in the area and invites interested Consultancy Firms to participate in the Bid to deliver the aforementioned service as per the Terms of Reference(TOR) prepared for this purpose at a non returnable fee of birr 100 (One Hundred Birr). Applicants can collect the detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) from FGAE Head Office, room number 303 starting from the date of announcement of this bid on this news paper until 3:00 p.m. on June 20, 2018.
Preparation of Proposals:
All bidders are required to submit their Technical & Financial proposals in separately wax sealed and stamped two envelops (original and copy) addressed to the FGAE Head Office room number 303 on or before June 20 2015. 4:00 P.M. The envelopes containing the proposals should be clearly marked as original or copy. Bid proposal shall be accompanied by a bid security of 1% of the bid amount in the form of CPO or bank guarantee.
All bidders are required to fulfill the following minimum criteria to apply:
- They should be legally registered under the Ethiopian Law;
- Should have renewed license & TIN;
- Should be able to submit their organizational profile and CVs of the professionals that will be directly involved in the assessment;
- Should demonstrate that they have sufficient experience in conducting similar activities and should have a team of Experts with public health, social sciences (i.e., social work, sociology), demography, gender, health informatics and M&E.
The bid will be opened on Thursday, June 21, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. at FGAE Head Office in the presence of interested bidders. The Family Guidance Association of Ethiopia reserves the right to partially or fully cancel the bid.
Contact details: Family Guidance Association of Ethiopia (FGAE),Head Office
Debre Zeit Road, Meskerem Mazoria, Opposite Richie(Beklo Bet Area) Tel.: +251 114 67 23 00,Fax.: +251 114 67 10 84, PO Box 5716, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia