Certification of Biosafety Cabinets
Invitation to Bid-Annual Certification of Biosafety Cabinets
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is a non-governmental not-for-profit international public health organization registered under the laws of the State of Massachusetts, USA, with the registered office at # 784 Memorial Drive, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 02139, USA. MSH’s mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. MSH envisions a world where everyone has the opportunity to a healthy life.
MSH would like to invite qualified vendors to conduct annual certification of Biosafety Cabinets located at 8 Public Health Laboratories in Ethiopia, namely: Ethiopian Public Health Research Institute;Hawassa, Mekelle, Bahrdar, Adama, and Harari Regional Laboratories; andGondar and Jimma University Hospitals.
The certification process involves performance and safety tests that are conducted annually to ensure that the cabinet is working according to the NSF-49 Safety Standard. These tests include measurement and/or correction of air velocities, patterns, balance, and leakage and filtration system efficiency.
Biosafety cabinets shall be certified to NSF/ANSI 49, EN or manufacturer’s specifications.
Required tests include:
- Down flow velocity profiling
- Inflow velocity profiling
- Airflow visualization testing
- HEPA filter integrity testing
- Site installation assessment testing including alarm calibration, as applicable
Optional tests include:
- Particulate monitoring
- Light monitoring
- Noise monitoring
- Vibration monitoring
- Electrical leakage, ground circuit resistance and polarity testing
Bidders shall meet the following requirements in order to be eligible for the bid
- Shall have proven experience of accomplishing similar work i.e. testing, commissioning, validation and maintenance of biological safety cabinet
- Shall have appropriate Business License renewed for Ethiopian Fiscal Year 2010 and TIN Certificate
Minimum List of Certification and Validation Equipment to fulfill includes:
- Aerosol Generator
N.B: Calibration certificate is required for all for the year 2018/19 from NSF International or EN International Certification Agency
Interested qualified bidders meeting the above requirements shall prepare their detailed labor cost proposal and submit them to the address mentioned below, together with:
- Copies of recommendation letters showing previous experience in similar work
- Complete documentation of profile of Biomedical Engineers or Technicians to be assigned to the work and their certification from well-known and CDC recommended certifier’s (NSF International or EN International) separately for Biological Safety Cabinets training and for final certification that is valid for the year 2018/19.
- Authenticated Calibration report for the year 2018/19 for basic Certification and Validation Equipment document from a well-known International Calibration Service providing company authorized by NSF International Or EN International
The Labor Cost Proposal shall be put in a sealed envelope and inserted in a bid box placed at the following office address. The proposal shall be submitted on or before June 22, 2018 4:30 p.m.:
Management Sciences for Health
Bole Sub-City, Kebele 03 House No. 2105
Bole Road Opposite Millennium Hall
Tel +251116175000 or Mobile+251911623048