The World Food Programme (WFP Call for Expression of Interest (EOI) for provision of an Office Premises
Call for Expression of Interest (EOI) for provision of an Office Premises
EOI Number: 001-2019
Title of EOI
WFP Country Office Premises Addis Ababa
Closing Date of EOI
15, February 2019
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the United Nations frontline agency in the fight against global hunger. The mandate of WFP is to provide emergency and development assistance to eradicate hunger and poverty amongst the poorest and most food-insecure countries and populations.
WFP Ethiopia is in the process of appraising alternative country office premises in Addis Ababa and is seeking Expressions of Interest (EOI) from individuals or companies who may have suitable property that satisfies WFP requirements.
Description of Primary Requirements
- Building(s) must be within its own compound, ready to occupy or requiring only minor fitting work;
- Building(s) must be setup for commercial office space e.g. a building setup for a hotel premises will not be suitable;
- Minimum of 3,750m2 of office space;
- Car parking spaces within the premises to be a minimum of 50;
- External parking spaces adjacent to the premises to cater for up to 60-70 vehicles;
- Located within 5km of the UNECA, i.e. within or along the ring road;
- Certification that the building is in conformance with Ethiopian Building Standards, including seismic design and Fire Safety (such as specified in the UK building regulations or equivalent);
- Has or could have a 2.5m high boundary wall with the main building offset from the boundary wall by approximately 15m;
- Building should not be more than G+3.
Outline proposals should include:
- Dimensioned outline building plans for the overall property as well as each floor where applicable;
- Location map including GPS coordinates;
- Indication of external car parking spaces where applicable;
- Copy of title deed
- Photographic catalogue of the premises externally and internally;
- Ensure your submission also provides clear indication on how the proposed premises satisfies the points 1-9 above.
Additional details and documents will be requested from those companies who qualify in this pre-qualification process for the purpose of refining options. WFP may also request a site visit during the pre-qualification process.Submitting a reply to this Request for Expression of Interest does not automatically guarantee that a company will be considered. Only Individual/Companies who, in WFP’s sole discretion, are deemed qualified and eligible may receive further correspondence.
WFP reserves the right to change or cancel the requirement of this EOI at any time during the EOI and/or the solicitation process.
Method of Submission of Documents
Individuals or companies that can satisfy the primary requirements should provide their outline proposals illustrating satisfaction of the primary requirements listed above to WFP through the Email Address: [email protected] or hand deliver in a sealed envelope marked as below not later than Friday, 15th of February 2019 14:00hrs to WFP main office in Addis Ababa. Any application submitted after the closing date will not be considered.
Pre-qualification for Provision of an Office Premises
EOI Number: EOI/001/19
UN WORLD FOOD PROGRAMME ETHIOPIA
Kirkos Sub City, Kebele 17/18, River Side Hotel Plc,
P.O.Box 25584 code 1000
Any requests for clarifications shall be sent to the same email address not later than 3 days before the above deadline.
Only qualified individuals/companies will be eligible to be shortlisted to the WFP Roster.