Orbis International Invitation for Firm/Individual Consultancy Service
Invitation for Firm/Individual Consultancy Service
BID # OE/OD/006/CS/19
Orbis International have signed a contract with UK AID DIRECT to deliver a new comprehensive eye health care project entitled “Developing comprehensive eye health care services in rural regions of SNNPR, Southern Ethiopia” in Gedeo zone, and Amaro and Burji districts of Segen Area Peoples’ zone from April 2018 to March 2023.
As part of this grant, Orbis International-Ethiopia (OI-E) has undertaken to conduct a Rapid Assessment of Avoidable Blindness (RAAB) in the project area in the first year of the project. The purpose of a RAAB is to evaluate the magnitude and causes of blindness and severe visual impairment for the age group 50 plus years in the area.
Therefore, OI-E is seeking consultancy service to conduct:
RAAB in the eight project intervention districts; namely, Bule, Dilla zuria, Gedeb, Kochere, Wonago, Yirga chefe, Amaro and Burji districts.
Interested Consultancy firm should possess:
- A certified RAAB trainer, and
- A team consisting of at least an ophthalmologist (or experienced ophthalmic clinical officer) undertake eye examinations and to diagnose the cause of visual impairment; an ophthalmic assistant or ophthalmic nurse or optometrist to undertake visual acuity examinations, etc.
- Proven experience of leading similar study especially RAAB
- Have renewed license and have Taxpayer Registration Certificate to justify only 2% withholding tax deduction or willing to have 30% of the overall payment retained with Orbis as withholding tax and ultimately paid to the appropriate government body.
Eligible consultants/firms are kindly requested to submit their technical and financial proposals in separate envelopes within 10 days of this announcement to the address below.
- Interested applicants can collect the detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) from Orbis International-Ethiopia Office.
- Winning consultant will be notified within one week of the closing date.
Orbis International-Ethiopia reserves the right to reject any or all bids and proposals.
P.O. Box 23508 code 1000,
Yeka Sub-City, Haile Gebreselassie Avenue, Rebecca Building, 3rd floor,
Addis Ababa, EthiopiaTel.251 11 662 0996/7, Fax: 251 11 662 0995