The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST- CONSULTING FIRMS
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST- CONSULTING FIRMS
FEDERAL DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF ETHIOPIA
INDUSTRIAL PARKS DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION (IPDC)
COMPETITIVENESS & JOB CREATION PROJECT (CJCP)
PROJECT ID: P143302 Credit No: IDA 54510-ET Procurement Package Ref No.: ET-IPDC-93273-CS-QCBS
The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received financing from the International Development Association (IDA) the World Bank towards the cost of implementation of the Competitiveness & Job Creation Project (CJCP). The Industrial Parks Development Corporation (IPDC) - an implementing agency, intends to apply a portion of the proceeds of this Credit to eligible payments under the contract for the Consultancy Services of “Training Service Provision for the Skills Center at Bole-Lemi Industrial Park”.
The objectives of the consulting services (“the services”) are but not limited are the following:
- Revise and update curriculum for soft-skills training,
- Sourcing of at least 7,000 Job Seekers,
- Provide soft skills training for 5,000 Job Seekers, and
- Training of Trainers training for 60 factory Trainers/Supervisors and 20 HR Managers.
The scopes of the assignment are:
- Assess skills needs of the firms in the park, especially for the unskilled and semi-skilled workers;
- Revise and update curriculum and modules as per the findings of the assessment;
- establishing effective sourcing, screening and recruitment system by conducting assessment on the availability of potential workers, appropriateness of sourcing and screening arrangements & demand of firms in BLIP;
- Register and screen potential workers according to BLIP firms’ criteria and as per screening arrangements in collaboration of appropriate bodies;
- Connect the screened potential workers with the firms in the BLIP park for recruitment and soft skill training based on their demand;
- Ensure the provision of the training by deploying a wide variety of participatory training methods based on a lesson plan that derives from the updated and approved curriculum and training modules;
- Conduct follow-up on the trained employees to assess outcome of the training to firms in the park in terms of trainee recruitment status, improving turnover rate, productivity, reducing absenteeism, etc. by conducting formal assessment in planned and documented manner and report findings to PIU;
- Ensure the recording and maintaining of data of trainees in the database prepared for this purpose and submit periodically the updated trainees record to the PIU;
- Keep records about each training course and training participants and attendances; and
- Provide feedback report from HR departments of BLIP on quality of soft skills and, curriculum, method of training and based on a standardized checklist and report findings including improvement actions on the identified gaps to the PIU.
Duration of the assignment is 18 Calendar Months.
The Industrial Parks Development Corporation now invites eligible and qualified Consulting Firms to indicate their interest in providing the Consultancy Services of “Training Service Provision for the Skills Center at Bole-Lemi Industrial Park”.
Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience on training service of skills centers. Firms may include any relevant information that may indicate their experience and relevance for the assignment. This may include: brochures, core business, years of experience in the business, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, technical and managerial organizational structure of the firm, number of key staff, availability of appropriate skills among staff, general qualification etc.).
The following criteria will be used to assess the Expression of Interest documents;
- Core Business and Years in Business. The Firm should have been in business for at least 10 years;
- Specific Experience on training service of skills centers and experience in similar conditions. The consultant shall also have executed at least 3 contracts of similar nature and size;
- Technical Capability and Managerial Organization of the Firm; and
- General Qualifications and number of Key Staff as well as availability of appropriate skills among staff necessary for successful implementation of the assignment (no need to provide CVs at this stage).
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans & IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011 (Revised July 2014) “Consultant Guidelines”, setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications. The Expression of Interest should clearly specify the type of relationship the consultants propose to establish.
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans & IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011 (Revised July 2014) “Consultant Guidelines” through a Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS).
Further information can be obtained at the address below from 09:00 A.M to 12:30 A.M hours and from 2:00 P.M to 5:00 P.M hours, Mondays to Thursdays and 09:00 A.M to 11:30 A.M and 2:00 P.M to 5:00 P.M hours on Fridays during working days and office hours.
Expression of Interest along with Documentary Evidences can be sent through e-mail: [email protected] with a copy to e-mail: [email protected] or can be delivered to the address below marked “Expression of Interest for the Consultancy Service for “Training Service Provision for the Skills Center at Bole-Lemi Industrial Park”, Procurement Package Reference No.: ET-IPDC-93273-CS-QCBS on or before February 25, 2019 up to 5:00 P.M. Addis Ababa Time.
Industrial Parks Development Corporation, Competitiveness and Job Creation Project Coordination Office, Yeka Sub City, Comoros Street, opposite Kenya Embassy, Bishan-Gari Building, 3rd Floor, Room No 307, Addis Ababa, ETHIOPIA.