Invitation for Consultancy Service
Orbis International Ethiopia (OIE) is supporting the FMOH in developing the full protocol for the upcoming 2nd national survey on blindness and visual impairment. The objective of the survey is to determine the prevalence, causes and determinants of blindness and visual impairment to provide a current evidence-base; and to estimate the prevalence of and risk factors for major blinding diseases. For this national survey, the consultants/firm should produce full protocol of the survey in close consultation with EPHI, FMOH and TWG. Therefore, Orbis International Ethiopia in partnership with the FMOHand EPHI seeks qualified consultants to develop the full protocol for the national survey.The consultants/firm must:
- Have research expertise sufficient to complete the national survey
- Demonstrate previous experience in designing and or executing national surveys in general and eye health in particular in Ethiopia or sub Saharan African countries
- Demonstrate expertise and experience in conducting surveys, evaluating health and eye health programs, projects, policy and practice, including technical expertise on eye health and public health
- Have understanding and experience of the health and eye health policy and practice environment in Ethiopia/ sub Saharan Africa
- Have excellent spoken English and report writing skills
- Have renewed license and have TIN (Taxpayer Registration Certificate to justify only 2% withholding tax deduction) or willing to have 30% of the overall payment retained with Orbis as withholding tax and ultimately paid to the appropriate government body.
Eligible consultants/firms are kindly requested to submit their technical and financial proposals for this consultancy service in separate envelopes within 15 working days of this announcement to the address below.
- Interested applicants can collect the detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) from Orbis International Ethiopia Office or sending e-mail request to [email protected].
- Winning consultant will be notified within one week of the closing date.
Orbis International-Ethiopia reserves the right to reject any or all bids and proposals.
P.O. Box 23508 code 1000,
Yeka Sub-City, Haile Gebreselassie Avenue, Rebecca Building, 3rd floor,
Addis Ababa, EthiopiaTel.251 11 662 0996/7, Fax: 251 11 662 0995