Dan Church Aid (DCA) NATIONAL OPEN TENDER FOR THE PROCUREMENT OF CONSULTANCY
NATIONAL OPEN TENDER FOR THE PROCUREMENT OF CONSULTANCY SERVICE ON
Tender ref no: - NOT/2019/004
Dan Church Aid (DCA) is a Danish international NGO, providing development and humanitarian assistance to poor people across the world. DCA has been operational in Ethiopia since 2004 and has been working with faith based and secular partners in program thematic areas: Livelihood Security, HIV/AIDS, and Gender and Capacity Building. Dan Church Aid has recently started a project implementation in Ethiopia in Bale, Afar, Wag-Himra and Gambella.
Dan Church Aid is launching a Tender and invites interested CONSULTANTS to participate in the procurement procedure of CONSULANCY SERVICE for MID-TERM EVALAUTION of for the Integrated Protection and Development Assistance for Eritrean Refugees and their Host Communities in Afar Region Project IPDA/RDPP. Potential Consultants can collect the RFP free of charge from DCA country office as per the address stated below.
Background of the Project
The overall objective of the project is to contribute to create evidence-based, innovative and sustainable development and protection solutions for Eritrean refugees and their host communities in Ethiopia with a focus on Afar and the districts of Berhale and Aysaita.
The specific objectives of the project cover four major components of the RDPP and are organized as follows:
• To Improve social cohesion through improved access to integrated basic service delivery for Eritrean refugees (in and out of camp) and their host communities in Afar
• To improve livelihoods and employment opportunities for Eritrean refugees (in and out of camp) and their host communities in Afar.
• To improve protection of Eritrean refugees (in and out of camp) and host communities in Afar, with a particular focus on vulnerable groups
• To strengthen capacities of local authorities and multi-stakeholder coordination platforms to cooperate in developing an integrated approach for refugees and host communities
To achieve these objectives, the activities have been organized under six results related to 1. water, 2. energy, 3. education, 4. increase livelihoods and employment opportunities, 5. Strengthen protection and 6. Improved integrated refugee/host community planning and development.
It is expected that the action will directly benefit 20,662 (10,392 female and 10,270 male) refugees in Berhale and Aysaita refugee camps, as well as 75,643 people (39,595 male and 36,048 female) from the surrounding pastoralist and agro-pastoralist host communities in the two districts. An additional 80,668 people (47,068 male and 33,600 female) in the target areas will benefit indirectly from potential replication of technologies introduced by district pastoralist offices and regional market dynamics supported by the action. The project has a duration of 42 months from 1 February 2017 to 31 July 2020.
Special Conditions/Requirements: -
• Company Profile of interested Consultants is required
• Consultants should include copies of Valid TIN,
• Copy of VAT registered certificate
• Copy of renewed trade license for Ethiopian FY 2011 EC and should BE related to the assignment otherwise ground for rejection.
• The offered prices shall be quoted in Ethiopian Birr (ETB).
• Failure to meet one of the eligibility criteria like registration licence, VAT will be a ground for rejection.
• Interesting bidders may have any question regarding this tender should send their queries in writing through email to [email protected] 31stJanuary 2019 before Close of Business or (5:30 PM) copy to [email protected], [email protected]
• Late submission will not be acceptable, and it will lead to automatic rejection.
• No BID Bond required.
• Attaching a recommendation letter from other international organization or similar sectors in similar business is recommended
• The bid document should be sealed in an envelope and stamped, the BID reference number NOT/2019/004 must be labelled on theoutside of the two envelopes and Submitted to DAN CHURCH AID ADDIS ABABA OFFICE
• Received bid documents will be opened withinone-week period at DCA Addis Ababa office.
• Evaluation will be finalized within twoweeks after the bid documents are opened.
• The validity period of the bids should be at least 30 (thirty) days following the deadline of tender submission.
• Successful bidders will be communicated by the office and will be issued a letter of award
• Unsuccessful suppliers will also be communicated by the office through their email addresses and lettersof regret will be sent to respective bidder/s.
• Nominated consultants would need to fully agree with the clauses and articles stated in the draft agreement and confirm its acceptance by signature proper contractual agreement.
• The nominated Consultant should be willing to work with Dan church Aid that payment condition will stated in the contract agreement.
Request for Proposal document can be collected during working hours starting from
24thJanuary2019 to4th January 2019 to the address stated below.
The deadline for submission of technical as well as financial proposals will be 5thJanuary2019, before close of business (COB) 5:30PM.
Kirkos Sub City, Kebele 02,
House No 174, Ethio China Road, in front of Tebaber Berta House.
DCA Ethiopia reserves the right to cancel the bid.