TechnoServe Ethiopia is inviting Meter Taxi Service Provider
Advert For Meter Taxi Service Provider
TechnoServe (TNS) is a non-profit international development organization founded in 1968. Our mission is to help entrepreneurial men and women break the cycle of poverty by building businesses that create jobs, income, and economic opportunities for their families, their communities, and their countries. For nearly a decade, TechnoServe has been partnering with farmers, cooperatives, suppliers, agro- processors, other private sector firms in Ethiopia, as well as with government counterparts, to develop competitive, inclusive agricultural market systems, including for coffee, malt barley, maize, wheat, spices, and honey.
TechnoServe Ethiopia is inviting Meter taxi Service providers to submit a proposal (including previous qualifications) as per this advert.
The contract period will be for a period of one (1) year:
Responsibilities of the service provider
• Provide transportation service for all requests from TechnoServe as per the signed agreement
• Provide clean, safe and secure transportation service mostly within Addis Ababa and in some cases outside of Addis.
Deliverables of the Meter Taxi Service provider
• Delivery of safe and clean taxi service within 20 min after request is made
• On-time submission of payment request as per use
• Provision of an online based travel tracking system
• Credit facility for the services required
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• 2 years of experience in providing the same service
• Sufficient dispatch staffing and ability to receive request calls during normal business hours, night and weekends
• Fluency in English and Amharic in phone communication and e-mail communication by staff of service provider in handling travel requests
• Experience working with international companies and/or international NGOs for a minimum of two years
• Availability and practical use of an online tracking system of transport needs
• Availability of at least 200 vehicles assigned for taxi service in the company
Application Deadline- January 26th , 2019
Interested and qualified applicants should submit proposals in person in two separate sealed envelopes labeled with their name to TechnoServe’s Addis Ababa Office (8th Floor, Rebecca Building, Haile G/Selassie St., Haya Hulet, Addis Ababa). Applications transmitted by email or post will not be
All applications must arrive to our office by January 26th , 2019, before 5:00 PM:
1. Technical proposal (including previous qualifications)
2. Financial proposal (price quote) The financial proposal must be submitted separately from the technical proposal.
3. TechnoServe’s procurement committee will open the proposals at its own discretion.
TechnoServe reserves the right to accept or reject the entire or partial part of this bid. Women and women-owned businesses are encouraged to apply.
4. TechnoServe reserves the right to check references and to accept or reject as per the feedback from references regarding experience and services provided.
Any questions regarding this procurement should be directed to TechnoServe’s main office before the above stated application deadline via phone: 0116-630017, 0116-630018, or 0016-623464.
BID EVALUATION AND AWARD
Evaluation and award will be based on the Service provider’s experience, adequacy of proposed work plan (i.e., the technical evaluation) and its offer (i.e., the financial evaluation). A two-stage procedure will be adopted for evaluation of the proposals, with the technical proposal opened and compared first. Selection will be based on a “best-value” basis.
Only service providers whose technical proposals score 60% or above will be considered for the financial evaluations. The financial proposals for Consultants scoring below 60% on their technical proposals will be returned unopened.
Technical proposals will be evaluated using the following criteria:
a) Meter Taxi service provider years of service on the provision of taxi services(10%);
b) Number of dispatch staff receiving and handling requests (Please attach organizational chart) (10%);
c) Number of vehicles in the company’s fleet dedicated to the provision of taxi service (30%);
d) Availability of an online tracking system and application to request taxi services online (30%)
e) Number of the international companies served by meter taxi service provider through a contract arrangement (specify current vs. past companies engaged) (20%)
Proposed costs will be reviewed for reasonableness. Please note that TechnoServe is not necessarily bound by any of the submitted proposals. Further, as quality is the principal selection criterion, selection will be based on the principle of “best value,” and TechnoServe does not bind itself in any way to select the firm offering the lowest price.
The total score shall be obtained by weighting the technical evaluation and price scores and adding them. The weight for the technical and financial evaluations shall be 70% and 30% respectively.
The Consultant obtaining the highest total score shall be invited for negotiations. If the negotiation fails, TechnoServe shall terminate the negotiation and invite the next ranked service provider for negotiation.