BBc midia action the Provision of Audit Service on a Consultancy Basis
BBC Media Action
Ethiopia Country Office
Terms of Reference
For the Provision of Audit Service on a Consultancy Basis
The Auditors shall render the following services:
1. Audit the financial records for the year ended December 31, 2018 of BBC
Media Action’s Ethiopia Country Office.
2. Conduct the audit in accordance with Generally Accepted Auditing standards, Ethiopian Charities and Societies Agency’s auditing requirements and applicable local regulations.
3. Ensure that the audit encompasses tests on financial controls; safeguarding of
assets; compliance with established BBC Media Action's policies and procedures;
compliance with relevant national laws and regulations.
4. Provide an Audit Report in accordance with International Public-Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and local statutory requirements, and in accordance with the reporting standards expressed in relevant BBC Media
Action's Policies and procedures.
5. Express opinion as to the reasonableness of the financial statements in all material respects.
6. Include in the audit report an opinion on compliance with procedures designed to provide reasonable assurance of detecting misstatements due to errors or fraud that are material to the financial statements.
7. Inform BBC Media Action Ethiopia Country Office management if the financial statements appeared to have been miss-stated because of material errors or fraud.
8. If required, request BBC Media Action Ethiopia Country Office management to
provide written confirmation or oral presentations during the course of the audit on matters relevant to the financial statements.
9. Complete the assignment in the time stipulated in the engagement letter.
10. Submit the list of auditors to be deployed for this audit prior to the start of the audit.
We kindly request all qualified and eligible audit firms to submit a proposal not later than 10 working days after the announcement of this bid. Please submit your application till 5p.m. Tuesday, January 29th, 2019.
Please contact us for with any questions at the address, BBC Media Action
Behind Shall Public Park in front of Mali Embassy
Tel: +251-116-630-679 / +251-116-630-684/+251-116-630-681
Email: [email protected]