Handicap International (HI)… like the consulting firm to submit two proposals
Call for Consultancy Services
Handicap International (HI) is an independent and impartial aid organization working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs and improving their living conditions.
HI is currently seeking a recognized firm to enable it to fully comply with IPSAS framework by 2019. Eligible firms which fulfill the requirements below are invited to participate in this bid and submit their proposal.
HI uses a modified cash basis accounting. HI plans to adopt IPSAS in a graduated manner starting with adoption of Cash-basisIPSAS first and gradually to accruals IPSAS adoption.
The main objectives of the consultancy, therefore, is to support HI implement cash or accrual basis IPSAS to prepare its annual financial statements by providing the required technical assistance;conducting detail gap analysis; developing roadmap for IPSAS implementation;providing required modifications in Financial Information System, policy, processes and other required changes as deemed necessary and providing capacity building.
The firm will support in managing and coordinating the entire process considering HI’s limitation to implement the standard by itself. Therefore, HI would like the consulting firm to submit two proposals (one for cash basis IPSAS conversion and another one accrual basis IPSAS conversion) for IPSAS implementation.
1. Renewed license for 2011 E.C.; TIN and VAT registration certificate
2. Experience and Qualification of professionals to be involved in the implementation of IPSAS.
• The professionals need to have experience in the field of financial accounting;in IPSAS or IFRS and also indesigning IPSAS based accounting systems.
3. Evidence of previous experience in providing similar service in International NGOs and present recommendation
4. Description of IPSAS implementation process from engagement to final stage
5. Estimated time to undertake the implementation process
6. Detail and clear financial proposal
Interested applicants that meet the above requirements are kindly invited to submit in person their technical and financial proposals from January 9 - 25, 2018 during working hours in a sealed and stamped envelope.Bid will close on January 25, 2018 at 12.00 pm.
Handicap International Head Office in Addis Ababa, Dabi Complex Building, 5th Floor, Near Sa’ay Pastry or Ramada Hotel, Tel +2516631641/81
HI reserves the right to reject any or all proposals