Concern Worldwide Ethiopia, as part of the implementation of the activities of the project, now invites consulting firms to indicate their interest in providing theconsulting service: Baseline Survey for Young Women Livelihood and Nutrition Project in two
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(Consultancy Service for Baseline Survey)
Promoting Young Women’s Livelihoods and Nutrition
Loan No./Credit No./Grant No.:___________________________
Assignment Title: Baseline Survey
Reference No. (as per Procurement Plan): ___________________
Concern Worldwide-Ethiopia has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the project namely: Promoting Young Women’s Livelihoods and Nutrition in Tigray region. The project is designed to reach vulnerable young women during a critical window of opportunity to improve the health and nutrition of themselves and their children. The projectis expected to provide immediate direct benefits to the targeted communities, and will also contribute to development of national policies and programme reaching vulnerable young women, particularly in drought-prone rural areas.
Concern Worldwide Ethiopia, as part of the implementation of the activities of the project, now invites consulting firms to indicate their interest in providing the consulting service: Baseline Survey for Young Women Livelihood and Nutrition Project in two woredas of Tigray region, Ethiopia.
Objective: The main objectives of this call for Expression of Interest (EOI) is to identify an appropriate consulting firm/consultant that can potential fulfill the requirements of the service. This call does not constitute an invitation to tender.
Service:The baseline survey involves assessment of various aspects of reproductive health, livelihood and nutrition situation among adolescents’ girls and set comparable baseline values for the indicators outlined in the log-frame of the project.
Eligibility Criteria: Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.The shortlisting criteria are:
• Post graduate degree in related area (e.g. M&E, Heath, Nutrition, Development Studies, Agriculture)
• Demonstrable experience in designing and conducting similar surveys with experience in working with World Bank standards and guidelines strongly preferred
• Experience with using digital data gathering equipment
• Understanding and knowledge of various assessment software packages e.g. SPSS,
• Familiarity with working with adolescents/young women in the Ethiopian context preferred
• Experience working with governments and government system strengthening
• Knowledge of statistics and statistical packages essential
• Excellent computer skills and experience in editing, formatting, and polishing
Potential consultants will be shortlisted in accordance with their fulfillment of the above criteria.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form along with evidences of the consultant’s experience, achievement and past performance to the address below up to January 11, 2019.
Address: Concern World Wide, Addis Ababa Ethiopia Country office, Sholla Market Yeka sub- city, kebele 13/14, Telephone: + 251 11 661 17 30