CAFOD, SCIAF and Trόcaire Call for consultancy Work – Final Project evaluation
Call for consultancy Work – Final Project evaluation
CAFOD, SCIAF and Trόcaire (CST) represent the official development agencies of the Catholic Church in England and Wales, Scotland and Ireland. In Ethiopia, the three agencies work together to help reduce poverty, promote development and respond to humanitarian emergencies with the Catholic Church as well as local and international NGO partners. CST in partnership with Action for Development (AFD) has been jointly implementing a project fund by UNOCHA Ethiopian Humanitarian Fund (EHF).
The project has been working to contribute for the protection and restoration of livelihoods of drought and conflict affected communities in 13 districts in Borana and Guji zones in Oromia region and Gamo Gofa zone in SNNPR, Ethiopia.
1. Scope of the Evaluation
The project has been implemented since June 15th 2018 until January 14th 2019 and the purpose of the consultancy work is mainly to evaluate the overall achievements of the project implementation in terms of protection and restoration of drought and conflict affected communities in the targeted Woredas. More specifically;
• What progress has been made towards achieving the anticipated project outcomes and outputs as articulated by the indicators in the project log frame;
• The extent to which the activity is appropriate for the needs and priorities of the poorest and most marginalized;
• The extent to which the project objectives have been achieved to date;
• The extent to which the results have been delivered with the least costly resources possible (result delivered versus recourses expended) including the efficiency of financial management and procurement systems;
• Inception report after signing the contract agreement;
• Facilitating a validation workshop on the draft evaluation report
• Final evaluation report based on the feedbacks gathered from the project team and from the validation workshop;
3. Application requirements:
All interested applicants for the consultancy work has to submit a technical and financial proposal as their application. The proposal submitted by the consultant should clearly reflect on the below listed requirements:
• Understanding of the Terms of Reference
• Proposed methodology and work plan to conduct the evaluation;
• The skill set they are planning to engage in the consultancy work;
• Prior experience conducting similar evaluations;
• Demonstrate capacity to produce high quality reports in terms of - English language proficiency, report content and report structure,
• The ability to meet deadlines,
• Financial proposal to conduct the assessment which includes all logistics and administration cost – except the cost for hiring a car for field work
4. Application Procedures
• All qualified and interested applicants can submit their technical and financial Proposal to CST – working together office before the close of business on January 11th 2018.
• The technical and financial proposal has to be prepared as a separate document and submitted separately for submission
Interested applicants can request the TOR for the evaluation work through email from [email protected]
CST-together is located in Enqulal Fabrika / Swaziland Street,
Ethiopia Catholic Bishops Conference Centre
P.O.Box 1875 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
CST is committed to Safeguarding people within our programmes from Exploitation and Abuse, and has specific policies on this commitment, including a Global Code of Conduct that outlines the expected behaviour and responsibilities of all staff, consultants and other organisational representatives. Any candidate offered a job with Trócaire will be expected to sign Trócaire’s Safeguarding Policies and Global Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents. Specific roles may require police/ Garda vetting.