GIZ - Invitation to Bid to identify local NGO’s and private sector stakeholders that can implement activities for the SDR-ASAL Programme
Invitation to Bid
Reference No. 83311475
GIZ - “Strengthening Drought Resilience in Pastoral and Agro-pastoral Areas of Ethiopia” (SDR) is seeking an external expert to conduct an assessment of the Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO) and private sector stakeholder landscape in Afar and Somali regions. The overall objective is to identify local NGO’s and private sector stakeholders that can implement activities for the SDR-ASAL Programme in its intervention areas/woredas in Afar and Somali regions.
Interested bidders who fulfill the following criteria can obtain the bid document from the office specified below starting from Monday, 17thof December2018, 8:30am on working hours or can request the document via an email address: [email protected]
Expertise and Qualifications Required
• Bachelor/Masters degree in rural development, economics or similar
• Excellent knowledge about Afar and Somali regions and the pastoral context
• Excellent networking skills
• Excellent communication skills in Amharic and English; knowledge of Afar and Somali language is an advantage
• Knowledge of the portfolio of SDR-ASAL is an advantage
• Data collection work experience is a must
• Excellent skills in writing in English
All bids must be delivered/submitted physicallyto the address below at or before 4:00pm local time on, 24thof December2018.
Bidders should submit their Technical and Financial Proposals as per the issued tender document.
GIZ SDR reserves the right to cancel the bid fully or partially.
The address referred above to submit your Technical and Financial Offers is:
German Development Cooperation
GIZ Office, Kirkos Sub City, Kebele 18 (Behind Intercontinental Hotel)
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia