INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF RURAL RECONSTRUCTION …Call for External Audit Service…
INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF RURAL RECONSTRUCTION
I. Call for External Audit Service
International Institute of Rural Reconstruction (IIRR-Ethiopia) is an international development research and training organization with over 90 years of grassroots experience working in Africa, Asia, and Latin America and registered by Ethiopian Charities and Societies Agency, bearing Certificate No. 0783.
IIRR-Ethiopia Program has been working in Ethiopia since 1997 and is implementing integrated community-managed programs aimed at improving the quality of lives and recovery of livelihoods of disaster-affected populations through promoting individual participation, strengthening institutions and emergency response.
IIRR would like to invite qualified and registered and Grade A audit firms those are recognized by the Charities and Societies Agency to submit their proposals to be appointed as external auditor to undertake the audit of its accounts.
Any authorized audit firm who qualify to apply shall therefore fulfill the following minimum criteria for eligibility
1. Relevant experience for at least 4 years in the INGO sector
2. Renewed License from AABE
3. Experience for auditing of organizations in transit period of IPSAS
4. Renewed trade license of the current year
5. Who meets the qualification criteria by Charities and Societies Agency and currently in the auditors list
6. VAT and Tin registration certificate
7. Chartered/Certified Accountant Certificate (Certificate of Professional Competence)
8. Who can commit contractual obligation for the next 3 (three) fiscal periods.
9. The auditors have to make the audit reports through IAS (International Standard on Auditing) as the AABE criteria for organization in transition period to IPSAS
II. Call for Consultancy Service
IIRR-Ethiopia has been following GAAP in recognition, measurement, reporting, and disclosure of financial statements. All its policies, accounting software, practices are designed with GAAP principles.
The Government of Ethiopia, however, fully adopted IPSAS as issued by International Public Accounting Standard Board (IPSASB) and requires public interest entities operating in Ethiopia to nationally transit to IPSAS. One of the public interest entities that are subjected to the adoption are Charities and Societies. As one of the civil society entities operating in Ethiopia, IIRR Ethiopia was communicated same by Accounting and Auditing Board of Ethiopia (AABE) to register and also to implement IPSAS starting Nov-7/2017.
IIRR-Ethiopia had developed a road map and so far made some preparations/changes in bridging the gap with IPSAS requirements. Therefore, now IIRR Ethiopia would like to hire a consultancy firm that can assess identify remaining gaps and provide technical assistant in the overall implementation of IPSAS.
The duly completed documents should be submitted according to the instruction in the bid documents.
Any consultant firm who qualify to apply shall therefore fulfill the following minimum criteria for eligibility.
1. Relevant experience for the transition of IPSAS
2. Renewed professional License
3. Renewed trade license of the current year
4. Who meets the qualification criteria by AABE
5. VAT and Tin registration certificate
6. Certificate of professional competence
Qualified candidate consultancy firm can submit in the following procedures:-
1. Submit financial and technical proposals separately in a sealed envelope to International Institute of Rural Reconstruction (IIRR-Ethiopia) Office within 8 working days starting from the date of bid announcement as published.
2. Selection will be only based on their criteria for both bid and who should submit competitive price with clear mode of payment. Any government tax should be included in the proposal.
3. Only the winner organization will be contacted for further discussion and negotiation
How to Apply
All interested and qualified applicants Auditor Firms and Consulting Firms should send their applications technical and financial proposals in a sealed envelope must be hand-delivered to IIRR office before the closing date of December 21, 2018 at 5:00 PM Application received after this time will not be considered.
For any additional information, please contact IIRR Ethiopia Office. Tel. +251-113-212994/0113-212864
Physical Address: - Mekanisa, Kore road about 700 meter from Amego Café, in front of Keble Wereda 2 office in Cheshire Foundation Compound.
Note: IIRR-Ethiopia reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids at its own discretion.