Baseline household survey
BASELINE HOUSEHOLD SURVEY IN ADABA DISTRICT OF WEST ARSI ZONE, OROMIA REGIONAL STATE
Frankfurt Zoological Society (FZS) and Movement for Ecological Learning and Community Action (MELCA Ethiopia) are implementing a project entitled:
“Sustainable improvement of the living conditions of small scale famer families in Ethiopia in the Adaba District, Bale-Mountains of Ethiopia”.
We invite tenders from competent bodies to conduct a baseline survey of livelihood conditions in the Adaba District,West Arsi region of Oromia adjacent to the Bale Mountains National Park.
The baseline survey should provide a picture of the living conditions of small farmers and their families in terms of their health and nutritional situation, livelihood activities and their use of forest and grazing lands. A random sample of beneficiary households from each of the target kebeles, with reasonable gender representation will be selected. Additional information on the same topics will be acquired from other relevant stakeholders including regional government authorities as the West Arsi Zone and Adaba district offices as appropriate.
The successful candidate will be expected to have previous experience:
- in the use of quantitative, qualitative protocols, analysing and presenting the research findings.
- of working with Afan Oromo communities in their language and using participatory methodologies
- Ability to write high quality, clear, concise in English.
Applications should include:
- proposed methodology including sampling framework, work schedule and proposed budget in Euro (or ETB)
- Capability statement demonstrating how they meet the required qualifications and competencies;
- Curriculum Vitae for each person on the study team;
- A sample of an evaluation report for a similar project completed within the last 24 months (this will be treated as confidential and only used for the purposes of quality assurance);
- A reference from a recent client.
Detailed Terms of Reference are available on request from Zebiba Ahmed [email protected].
Application deadline will be ten days from date of announcement.
Completed applications should be submitted by post to P.O. Box 100003, or in person to Zebiba Ahmed, Adot Building (Office #701), Near BisrateGebriel, Or by email [email protected]
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This project is grant aided by Karl Kübel Stiftung für Kind and Familie and German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development.