CALL FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICE
BID NO. 016/2018
CARE Ethiopia is a humanitarian non-governmental organization committed to work with poor women and men, boys and girls, communities and institutions, to have a significant impact on the underlying causes of poverty that aims at contributing to economic and social transformation, unleashing the power of the most vulnerable women and girls, honoring their dignity.
CARE Ethiopia is implementing Feed the Future Ethiopia - Livelihoods for Resilience Activity, which is a five-year USAID-funded project running from December 5, 2016 through December 3, 2021. The Livelihoods for Resilience Activity supports households in the Government’s Productive Safety Net Program (PSNP) to build resilient livelihoods with improved food and nutrition security, even in face of shocks and stresses. The project targets PSNP households in 27 woredas of Amhara, SNNP, and Tigray regions, with the aim of enabling 97,900 households to graduate from the PSNP with resilience.
The aim of the project is to establish 27 child care centers (one per woreda in each of the targeted woredas of Amhara, SNNPR, and Tigray). Therefore, CARE is looking for a consultant to assess child care service needs and provide recommendations on minimum standards and available resources in sample target areas of the project.
Desired Knowledge and experience:
- Strong knowledge of child protection requirements and child care service provision
- Extensive experience in providing advisory services
- Knowledge and understanding of the rural Ethiopian context, and particularly rural livelihoods and the roles of rural women
- Experience in women’s empowerment programming preferred
Skills and qualifications:
- Minimum of graduate degree in social work, education, child development, rural development, or related field, with demonstrated, relevant professional practice during the last five years
- Practical, problem-solving mindset to advise on the application of minimum standards in a rural context with limited physical and financial resources
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and work well with diverse people.
Interested firms should collect the full terms of reference (TOR) from CARE Ethiopia, Procurement Unit, Addis Ababa, around 22 Mazoria, behind Lex Plaza building, next to Ha’Geez Cultural Restaurant until June 08, 2018 at 5:00PM.
All applications clearly marked as “Livelihoods for Resilience Child Care Center Consultancy” should be submitted in person. The Deadline to submit the proposal is June 15, 2018 at 5:00PM.
For any clarification request please contact CARE Ethiopia Country Office Tel. (+251) 0116183294.