INVITATION TO BIDfor Training on Integrated & Participatory Watershed Management (Re-AdveRtised
INVITATION TO BIDfor Training on Integrated & Participatory Watershed Management (Re-AdveRtised)
National Competitive Bid
Procurement Ref. No.PROC/HoA/NCB /S/004/2018/2011
The Central Rift Valley of Ethiopia is an important wetland ecosystem critically challenged by environmental and social problems resulting from competing use of water and other natural resources. The Ziway-Shalla sub-basin is one of the threatened ecosystems with highly degraded catchments and declining quality and quantity of water. The challenges facing include increasing siltation and sedimentation as a result of increased surface runoff from the upper catchment areas. Land use change and deforestation are the direct drivers, while limited livelihood options, fuel wood extraction, over grazing and mismanagement are some of the factors that aggravate deforestation.
A joint reforestation projects has been implemented through the partnership of IDH, Private Companies, Adami Tulu JidoKombolchaWoreda and AAU HoA-REC&N in the degraded areas of the woreda to enhance a sustainable protection and management of the natural resources. In order to properly implement the reforestation activities, it is very crucial to build the skills and knowledge of the woreda key stakeholder office experts. Hence, this training consultancy work is required to build the capacity of the woreda experts in the area of planning and monitoring watershed management interventions and to strengthen the capacity of experts in developing a strategy that help to ensure sustainability. Therefore, HoA REC&N and its partners need to identify and select a consultancy firm, professionals or knowledge partner to conduct the required training at the CRV landscape.
1. Horn of Africa Regional Environment Centre and Network now invites technical and financial proposals from all interested consulting firms for the aforementioned activity.
2. The successful firm will be selected as per the methodology and evaluation criteria described in the bid document.
3. A complete set of bidding documents accompanied by ToR may be purchased by interested and eligible bidders from the below address upon presentation of renewed trade license, Vat registration Certificate, Tax payers Identification Number/TIN Certificate, with written application and a non-refundable fee of ETB 100.00 (one hundred birr).
4. All bids must be accompanied by a bid security of total amount ETB 5,000.00 prepared in CPO or unconditional bank guarantee with the name AAU The Horn of Africa Regional Environment Centre& Network.
5. Sealed original © of technical and financial proposals separetlymarked with the official stamp of the consulting firm.
6. Bids must be delivered to the HoA-REC&N procurement office of the below address on or before 28 November2018 at 2:00 p.m. in the afternoon.
7. Technical proposal will be opened in the presence of the bidders or their representatives on the same date& place at 2:10 p.m. in the afternoon.
8. Horn of Africa Regional Environment Center & Network reserves the right to reject or accept any or all bids.
AAU, Horn of Africa Regional Environment Centre and Network (HoA-REC&N)
Address: Gullele Botanic Garden compound, on the way from AddisuGebeya to Winget Ring Road, aroundShegoleMeda Mender Sebat Area.
Tel +251 910 45 45 33, Addis Ababa