EP now invites eligible technical expert(s) to indicate their interest to provide these services. Interested team of experts must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services.
A call for Expression of Interest (EoI)
Supporting of Raw Hides and Skins (RHS) Production and Management Good Practices
DAIEurope, together with consortium partners First Consult; Enclude and ITAD, is managing the UKaid-funded Enterprise Partners (EP) which aim to support and transform the private sector and Ethiopia’s continue deconomic growth over seven years with a£15m grant fund.
EP is pursuing the Making Markets Work for the Poor approach (M4P)and has two main pillars to achieve the goal of integrating the poor, especially women, in sustain able economic enterprises that create jobs and improve in comes.
Relevant to this, the objectiveof this specificassignmentistodevelop and introduce a package of normative best practices or SOP’s through short term technical services on RHS production and management skills (animal treatment just before slaughtering, techniques of flaying of skins, trimming, cleaning, curing, sizing, grading, storing, store handling or good housekeeping, sewerage/drainage management and health and safety issues of employees) for selected 3 local slaughterhouses, 4 RHS traders and 4 tanneries at pilot stage.
EP now invites eligible technical expert(s) to indicate their interest to provide these services. Interested team of experts must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services. The eligibility criteria shall include:
• Demonstrated technical hands-on skills andexperiencesinthe RHS production and management practices including conducting of training and demonstration experiences;
• KnowledgeoftheRHS supply chainplayers in particular (RHS producers and traders) and the leather sector in general;
• Technical abilitytoidentify all significant ante-mortem, peri-mortem and post-mortem defects on RHS at both raw and semi—processed stages;
• Proven skills and experiences in producing and treating RHS including skinning, curing, sizing, grading and transaction modalities as well as store and waste handling;
• Proven skills in quality control of RHS at production and managementstages;
• Basicunderstanding on the content and intention of the new RHS marketing proclamation of the country (Proc No 1073/2018);
• Practical knowhow on the national, international and somewhat some benchmark companywide standards and norms on RHS and semi-processed leather sizing, grading and packing practices;
• Aregistered firmoranindividualprofessionalwith credentialsfulfillingtheabovecriteria;
• Havingarenewedconsultancy or businesslicense is an advantage andcourage, based on previous practice, to improve RHS quality by such management.
Technical experts will be selected using quality and cost criteria.
Interested applicants can collect Terms of Reference with detailed SoWfrom EP office (address below) and submit applications within the next 10 consecutive days after this advertisement has been made public.
Address: DAI /Enterprise Partners:
Addis Ababa, WelloSefer, Kas Building at 11 or 12 floor. Tel. +251-114701474