Dan Church Aid is launching a Tender and invites interested CONSULTANTS to participate in the procurement procedure of CONSULANCY SERVICE for ASSESSMENT OF TRADITIONAL CONFLICT RESOLUTION MECHANISM IN AFAR.
NATIONAL OPEN TENDER FOR THE PROCUREMENT OF CONSULTANCY SERVICE ON
Assessment of Traditional Conflict Resolution Mechanisms in Afar
Tender ref no: - NOT/2018/011
Dan Church Aid (DCA) is a Danish international NGO, providing development and humanitarian assistance to poor people across the world. DCA has been operational in Ethiopia since 2004 and has been working with faith based and secular partners in program thematic areas: Livelihood and Food Security, HIV/AIDS, and Gender and Capacity Building. Dan Church Aid has recently started a project implementation in Ethiopia in Bale, Afar, Wag-Himra and Gambella.
Dan Church Aid is launching a Tender and invites interested CONSULTANTS to participate in the procurement procedure of CONSULANCY SERVICE forASSESSMENT OF TRADITIONAL CONFLICT RESOLUTION MECHANISM IN AFAR. PotentialConsultants can collect the RFP free of charge from DCA country office as per the address stated below.
Background of the Project
Ethiopia is a country of both origin, transit, and destination for migrants in the Horn of Africa. Ethiopia has the second largest refugee population in Africa following Uganda with close to 905,831 registered refugees as of 31 August 2018 . The majority of refugees in Ethiopia are coming from South Sudan, Somalia, Eritrea, and other countries. Ethiopia’s open-door policy for refugees has provided much needed sanctuary for those fleeing; but it has come with a cost to social cohesion, access to services and development of regions hosting the refugees, many of which are among the poorest and most under-developed in Ethiopia. Likewise, due to a lack of viable solutions and prospects for local integration in Ethiopia, secondary movements of refugees towards Europe and the Middle East are a concern. The arrival of Eritreans in Ethiopia started with Ethiopian-Eritrean boarder war in 1998-2000. According to UNHCR Aug 2018 Report, there are 173,879 Eritrean refugees in Ethiopia, and out of this total population 38,949 refugees are believed to live in Afar region in the two refugee camps – Aysaita and Berhale as well as among host communities in areas such as Dalool, Eberti, and Ayne-deeb. Fear of military conscription, lack of education or employment opportunities, desire to join a family member in another country, and hope for resettlement are the main reasons for migration out of Eritrea.
Special Conditions/Requirements: -
• Company Profile of interested Consultants is required
• Consultants should include copies of Valid TIN,
• Copy of VAT registered certificate
• Copy of renewed trade license for Ethiopian FY 2010 EC and should of related to the assignment otherwise ground for rejection.
• The offered prices shall be quoted in Ethiopian Birr (ETB).
• Failure to meet one of the eligibility criteria like registration licence, VAT will be a ground for rejection.
• Interesting bidders may have any question regarding this tender should send their queries in writing through email to [email protected] 08th November 2018 before Close of Business or (5:30 PM) copy to [email protected], [email protected]
• Late submission will not be acceptable, and it will lead to automatic rejection.
• No BID Bond required.
• Attaching a recommendation letter from other international organization or similar sectors in similar business is recommended
• The bid document should be sealed in an envelope and stamped, the BID reference number NOT/2018/011 must be labelled on theoutside of the two envelopes and Submitted to DAN CHURCH AID ADDIS ABABA OFFICE
• Received bid documents will be opened withinone-week period at DCA Addis Ababa office.
• Evaluation will be finalized within twoweeks after the bid documents are opened.
• The validity period of the bids should be at least 30 (thirty) days following the deadline of tender submission.
• Successful bidders will be communicated by the office and will be issued a letter of award
• Unsuccessful suppliers will also be communicated by the office through their email addresses and lettersof regret will be sent to respective bidder/s.
• Nominated consultants would need to fully agree with the clauses and articles stated in the draft agreement and confirm its acceptance by signature proper contractual agreement.
• The nominated Consultant should be willing to work with Dan church Aid that payment condition will stated in the contract agreement.
Request for Proposal document can be collected during working hours starting from
1th November 2018 to the address stated below.
The deadline for submission of technical as well as financial proposals will be 10thNovember 2018, before close of business (COB) 5:30PM.
Kirkos Sub City, Kebele 02,
House No 174, Ethio China Road, in front of Tebaber Berta House.
DCA reserves the right to reject the bid entirely or partly for any reason.