IntraHealth International invitation to submit TOR for Data analysis and report writing of Quality RMNCH service assessment in Developing Regions of Ethiopia
TOR for Data analysis and report writing of Quality RMNCH service assessment in Developing Regions of Ethiopia
USAID Transform Health in Developing Regions (USAID Transform HDR) project is a USAID-funded five-year cooperative agreement aimed at reducing mortality and morbidity among mothers and under-five children in the Developing Regional States (DRS): Afar, Benishangul-Gumuz, Gambela and Somali Regions. This will be accomplished through increasing access to integrated quality high impact maternal, newborn, child health (MNCH) and family planning (FP) services, improving health seeking behaviors enhanced by reducing gender inequalities, improving evidence-based decision making, program learning; and with the overall goal of strengthening Developing Regional States (DRS) health systems. The project is implemented by a consortium of organizations (Amref Health Africa (the prime), with IntraHealth International, Project HOPE and General Electric (implementing partners). The project will build on existing government structures such as the Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH), Regional Health Bureaus (RHB) and Woreda Health Offices (WrHOs) and will prioritize Woredas with the lowest level of MNCH/FP indicators to implement a phased approach in scaling up high-impact MNCH/FP interventions.
IntraHealth International as a sub partner to transfer HDR project is leading the Quality Improvement component of the project and hascollected performance and quality data from 58 health facility in the DRS to determine health facilitiesbaseline situation and capacity for quality RMNCH services and to provide inputs to guide project planning, monitoring and evaluation. The assessment focused in four areas – service availability, quality of services, service provides knowledge and the infrastructure needs; referral access and functionality; supplies and commodities; and experience of health facilities in using data for decision making and quality improvement.
The specific objectives of the assessment were to:
- Determine baseline health facility capacity, service availability and quality, infrastructure needs, and health care provider skills for delivery of RMNCH services.
- Assess the quality of basic and referral RMNCH services provided at the health facilities and hospitals in the Developing regions.
- Assess the experience of health facilities on quality improvement process including data use for decision making and quality improvement
- Identify gaps (e.g. infrastructure, medical equipment, supplies, and pharmaceutical products) in relation to RMNCH services.
- Provide benchmarks to track progress over the program implementation period
Scope of work
The objective of this consultancy is to perform review, cleaning and organizing data collected from 58 health facilities in the DRS and carryout analysis and produce quality report using appropriate tools and software. The specific tasks include:
Responsibilities and Tasks of the Consultant/Consulting Firm
- Review data collected from 58 health facilities
- Conduct data cleaning and organization
- Prepare draft data analysis protocol for review
- Finalize data analysis protocol incorporating feedback from the project team
- Carryout data analysis using appropriate tools and software
- Produce first draft narrative report with graphs and visuals for review
- Incorporate comments and finalize the report
- Prepare power point presentation and present findings to the project team
The following is an illustrative list of deliverables that the consultant/consulting firm will be required to provide to Transform HDR. The project agrees to provide the consultant with anticipated timetables for submission of required deliverables. It also provides the selected consultant with a detailed plan for the requested data analysis and reporting work.
- Submit Data analysis plan and financial protocol in printed and soft copy
- Descriptive statistics (in both tabular and graphical format) completed in accordance with a pre-specified analysis plan
- Draft report for review in electronic copy
- Final report including annexes both printed and electronic copies
Responsibilities of Transform HDR
Transform HDR will provide the consultants/consulting firm with relevant documentsfor the assignment including but not limited to the following:
- Raw survey data from “RMNCH” program collected from 58 HFs of Developing regions including Afar, Benishangul, Gambela and Somali
- Program report and any relevant document that suitable for QI assessment in developing regions
- Copies of the final English language versions of the survey questions that were used to produce the raw data
- TOR used for data collection
Researcher Competencies, Experience and Skill requirements
- Advanced degree in medicine, nursing, public health and/or related fields
- At least Five years’ research experience in conducting analysis of health-related study
- Solid methodological and research skills
- Demonstrated experience performing statistical/quantitative analyses on large quantitative datasets, data collection management, data analysis and visualization.
- Demonstrated experience in writing high quality report
Submission of Proposal
Applicants shall submit proposal with technical and financial parts separately in a hardcopy with sealed envelope and electronically. The proposal should describe the methodology for analysis, and the write up with clear timetable to do the analysis and produce report.
- Relevant attachments:
- Technical proposal
- Budget proposal with detail cost breakdown (expressed in Birr)
- Evidence of relevant past performance
- CVs and credentials of key personnel
Proposal evaluation criteria
Proposals will be evaluated based on technical excellence, experience and qualification of the candidates, and conceptual understanding of the TOR and suggested methodology/approach and price/cost effectiveness. The weight for technical and financial proposals shall be 70 % and 30% respectively. The financial proposal will be considered when the technical assessment is above 80%
Submission deadline: October 26th, 2018
For any information and submission:
Our office address is located at:
Bole Sub City, Woreda 03, House No. 2310
Behind Bole Medhanialem Church, Amref office building
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Email: [email protected]