Awash Bank is in the process of upgrading its core infrastructure as a resul of implementation of various IT solutions with other systems.
INVITATION TO BID
International Competitive Bidding (ICB)
Procurement Reference Number AB-IT-07/2018/19
1. Awash Bank is in the process of upgrading its core infrastructure as a result of implementation of various IT solutions with other systems.
2. The Bank, therefore, invites technically competent and commercially competitive proposals from bidders for the supply, installation, configuration and documentation of IBM Power 9, Lenovo compute nodes, SAN switch, Storage Systems’ and other related Services.
a. IBM power 9 servers,
b. IBM SAN switches
c. IBM Storwize V7000 Gen-2 Expansions
d. IBM SAN Volume Controller
e. IBM Flash V9000 MicroLatancy Modules
f. IBM Flash System 9100
g. IBM Standard Rack
a. Lenovo Flex Compute nodes for existing Flex Enterprise Chassis
b. New Blade chassis and servers
c. Autoloader Tape library
e. 2.5 inch Hard Drives
a. Hardware load balancer (Optional)
b. CISCO Nexus Switch
a. Technical support service extension for existing IBM Hardware
3. Bidding will be conducted in accordance with the open tendering procedures contained in the Directives of the Bank and other Relevant Laws of the country, and is open to all eligible bidders.
4. A complete set of bidding documents in English shall be obtained from Procurement Division of Awash Bank located at Awash Towers 10th floor room No 10-02 upon producing receipt of non refundable fee of Birr 200.00 /Two Hundred/ by depositing in Account Number 01540000544500, at AWASH BANK, FINFINE BRANCH, located at the Bank's Head Quarter Building (Awash Tower), Ground floor during office hours (Monday to Friday 8:00AM-12:00PM; 1:00PM-4:30PM and Saturday 8:00AM-12:00PM) starting from October 23, 2018 upon Presentation of copy of renewed Trade license, Certificate of registration, Tax Clearance certification, VAT Registration Certificate and TIN Registration Certificate for local bidders.
5. The eligible bidders may submit their bids in their own names only. The bids must be accompanied by a bid Bond of birr 500,000.00 (Five Hundred Thousand) for local bidders and 17,857.25 USD for foreign bidders in the form of Bank Guarantee or Cashier's Payment Order (C.P.O) in favor of Awash International bank s.c. from a) Citibank N.A. New York, b) Citi Bank N.A. London, c) Commerez Bank A.G. d)deutsche Bank A.G., e)National Westminster Bank, f) ING Bank Amsterdam, g) any other AAA bank acceptable to Awash International Bank s.c. or h)any local Bank acceptable to Awash International Bank s.c. The bank guarantee issued by any schedule bank must be counter guaranteed by local bank and valid for 148 days from the last date of submission of the bid.
6. The details of the Bid are as follows:
- 1. All correspondences should be sent to the address for Communications 1 copied to address for Communications 2.
- 2. Responses to a bidder’s request shall only be valid if responded through the address indicated herein above (Address for Communication 2).
- 3. The Bank reserves the right to reject the whole or part of any or all bids received, without assigning any reasons.