NATIONAL OPEN TENDER FOR THE PROCUREMENT OF CONSULTANCY SERVICE ON FINAL PROJECT EVALUATION
NATIONAL OPEN TENDER FOR THE PROCUREMENT OF CONSULTANCY SERVICE ON
FINAL PROJECT EVALUATION
Tender ref no: - NOT/2018/010
Dan Church Aid (DCA) is a Danish international NGO, providing development and humanitarian assistance to poor people across the world. DCA has been operational in Ethiopia since 2004 and has been working with faith based and secular partners in program thematic areas: Livelihood Security, HIV/AIDS, and Gender and Capacity Building. Dan Church Aid has recently started a project implementation in Ethiopia in Bale, Afar, Wag-Himra and Gambella.
Dan Church Aid is launching a Tender and invites interested CONSULTANTS to participate in the procurement procedure of CONSULANCY SERVICE forTERMINAL EVALAUTION of Improving Food Security and Nutrition through the Introduction, Adaptation and Promotion of Nutritious and Stress-tolerant Crops in PSNP/HABP Woredas of Amhara and Oromia Regions of Ethiopia PotentialConsultants can collect the RFP free of charge from DCA country office as per the address stated below.
Background of the Project
To make its programme intervention more responsive to the growing need of its target groups and changing context, DCA gives due emphasis and encourage innovativeness through design and implementation of innovative ideas that has potential for scaling up. Accordingly, in 2012, DCA together with its partners initiated an innovative project in 2012 through introduction, testing, and piloting drought-tolerant and nutritious crops, quinoa and amaranths, in four drought-prone Woredas of Amhara and Oromia Regions. The adaptation research result, which was compiled by the National Crop Approval Committee, revealed that the two crops have potential to reduce food insecurity in Ethiopia. Following this, DCA organized a national workshop that includes representatives from research institutions, universities, relevant government sector offices, bilateral and multilateral organizations to review the outcome of the preliminary research results and suggest the way forward. The workshop participants thoroughly discussed the research results and called for an increased importation, adaptation and multiplication of quinoa and amaranth to explore the potential of the crops to reduce food insecurity and malnutrition in Ethiopia.
As follow-up to the workshop, DCA decided to continue testing the newly introduced crop (quinoa) after being endorsed by the National Crop Releasing Committee for promotion of the crop in the country. To further test, multiply, and disseminate the newly introduced quinoa seeds, DCA together with its partners applied for call for proposalUSAID/Ethiopia in 2015. In response to the call, DCA submitted a project proposal entitled, “Improving Food Security and Nutrition through the Introduction, Adaptation and Promotion of Nutritious and Stress-tolerant Crops in PSNP/HABP Woredas of Amhara and Oromia Regions of Ethiopia.”. The USAID-Ethiopia Mission Office considered the proposal, offered the award to DCA, and signed the Cooperative Agreement on December 1, 2015 to start project implementation.
Special Conditions/Requirements: -
• Company Profile of interested Consultants is required
• Consultants should include copies of Valid TIN,
• Copy of VAT registered certificate
• Copy of renewed trade license for Ethiopian FY 2010 EC and should of related to the assignment otherwise ground for rejection.
• The offered prices shall be quoted in Ethiopian Birr (ETB).
• Failure to meet one of the eligibility criteria like registration licence, VAT will be a ground for rejection.
• Interesting bidders may have any question regarding this tender should send their queries in writing through email to [email protected] 27TH October 2018 before Close of Business or (5:30 PM) copy to [email protected], [email protected]
• Late submission will not be acceptable, and it will lead to automatic rejection.
• No BID Bond required.
• Attaching a recommendation letter from other international organization or similar sectors in similar business is recommended
• The bid document should be sealed in an envelope and stamped, the BID reference number NOT/2018/010 must be labelled on theoutside of the two envelopes and Submitted to DAN CHURCH AID ADDIS ABABA OFFICE
• Received bid documents will be opened withinone-week period at DCA Addis Ababa office.
• Evaluation will be finalized within twoweeks after the bid documents are opened.
• The validity period of the bids should be at least 30 (thirty) days following the deadline of tender submission.
• Successful bidders will be communicated by the office and will be issued a letter of award
• Unsuccessful suppliers will also be communicated by the office through their email addresses and lettersof regret will be sent to respective bidder/s.
• Nominated consultants would need to fully agree with the clauses and articles stated in the draft agreement and confirm its acceptance by signature proper contractual agreement.
• The nominated Consultant should be willing to work with Dan church Aid that payment condition will stated in the contract agreement.
Request for Proposal document can be collected during working hours starting from
17th Octoberto 27thOctober 2018 to the address stated below.
The deadline for submission of technical as well as financial proposals will be 27thOctober 2018, before close of business (COB) 5:30PM.
Kirkos Sub City, Kebele 02,
House No 174, Ethio China Road, in front of Tebaber Berta House.
DCA reserves the right to reject the bid entirely or partly for any reason.