The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN Invitation for Consultancy Service on Landscape Assessment of Crates (RPCs) for Fresh Fruits and Vegetables Handling
Fresh Fruits and Vegetables Handling
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is driven by the vision of a world without malnutrition. GAIN is a Swiss-based international organization established with the purpose of advancing nutrition outcomes by improving the consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially those most vulnerable to malnutrition
Objective of the Consultancy
Assess the current state and use and types of crates, their producers, and challenges associated with their use and proffer improved crating solutions to solve the local challenges along the FFV domestic and export trade supply chain.
Required consultant Profile
● Knowledge and understanding of selected sector
● Solid understanding of the business dynamics, issues and trends of the business sector
● Familiarity with relevant government policies and structures
● Master’s degree in business or related field of study
● At least 5 years’ experience in conducting land scape analysis and similar
Skills and Abilities
● Skills in writing reports and reviews, delivering presentations and defending recommendations
● Excellent written, verbal, organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
● Fluency in written and spoken English
DISCLAIMER: GAIN will only accept submissions from applicants who have collected the Terms of Reference (TOR) from the GAIN office. E-Submission or Submissions of Applicants who have not collected the TOR from the GAIN office will not be accepted.
Applicants are invited to come to the GAIN office to collect the full TOR for their application. The applicants are required to submit the financial and technical proposals separately with full package of renewed licenses, resumes and references of consultants that will engage in this task, all in English Language.
The financial proposal should be detailed enough and should include any relevant administrative and logistic costs related to the work including transport, per diem and accommodation for consults during travels outside of Addis Ababa.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION: October 26, 2018
For submission, the Applicants will be required to deliver their submission in person at the GAIN office:
GAIN-Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition
Telephone: +251 116610088
Bole S/City, Woreda 13, In front of Ethiopian Youth Sport Academy
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia