Farm Africa Request for Proposal(To conduct a research on: Problems and opportunities on Climate information dissemination through radio)
Request for Proposal
(To conduct a research on: Problems and opportunities on Climate information dissemination through radio)
Farm Africa is an international non-governmental organization with a mission to reduce poverty permanently by unleashing African farmers’ abilities to grow their incomes and manage their natural resources sustainably; and has been working in different part of Ethiopia since 1985.
The Farm Africa – led “Market Approaches for Resilience (MAR) DFID-funded project being implemented in Ethiopia under the global Building Resilience and Adaptation to Climate Extremes and Disasters (BRACED) program. MAR targeted vulnerable populations in 3 regions and 15 Woredas (4 in Afar, 8 in SNNPR, and 3 in Somali region).
MAR’s intervention focuses on creating access to financial and insurance services; establishing/strengthening of village saving and credit groups; natural resources management (such as participatory forest management); climate information dissemination through partnership with EBC,SRTA and NMA to ensure resilience on the basis of decision led climate information dissemination.
A) Aim of the research:
• Develop impact analysis and information routes (systems) that can apply to the climate/weather information dissemination in a specific agro-climatic and social systems where MAR is operational.
• Identify challenges observed in different kinds of community (Governmental bodies, media, target community) related to attitude and lack of awareness which hindered the climate /weather information dissemination process in MAR intervention areas.
A. For the lead researcher (coordinator)
• MSc degree in field of Communications, Knowledge management, anthropology, social work
• Above five years of professional experiences in development of knowledge productsor other relevant fields;
• Solid understanding and experiences in climate, Social and traditional communication systems.
• High level technical and professional competence on integrating climate information with other sectors and livelihoods such as agriculture and environmental resources management;
• Proven skills in conducting research on climate knowledge generation, and communication;
• Having practical work experiences in diverse agro-ecological and livelihood zones of Ethiopia.
B. For thematic research leads and regional experts
Required professional and academic competencies including their organizational affiliation for thematic research leads and regional experts will be determined in consultation with the lead researcher.
C) DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS:
• Interested Research firms/bidders should collect the ToR document from our office or via [email protected]; and submit full technical and financial proposal by email to [email protected] until Oct 24, 2018;
• Proposals submitted by unqualified bidders; and those arriving later than the final submission date and time shall be rejected without further notice;
• Farm Africa reserves the right to accept or reject any or all the proposals;
• Any Request for clarifications/enquiries can be forwarded to the Climate Information Communication Specialist, on following address:
Farm Africa Ethiopia Office
Hussein Agraw Bldg. 6th floor, Kanzanchis
Tel. 011 557 3317, Fax- 011 557 3332,