Water Action invites eligible and interested bidders for the Supply of HDPE Pipes for Bachira and Surrounding Kebeles WASH Project
INVITATION FOR LOCAL COMPETITIVE BIBID No. WACT/Pipe/001/18
1 Water Action invites eligible and interested bidders for the Supply of HDPE Pipes for Bachira and Surrounding Kebeles WASH Project. The pipe details are itemized in table below, as well as in the Bid Document - Part Seven: Bill of Quantity.
- The Bid Document shall be obtained from Water Action, Head Office, located near Lem Hotel, (in front of NOC Fuel Station) against payment of non-refundable fee of Birr 200 during office hours.
- All Bidders should submit a valid Registration Certificate from the Federal Ministry of Finance, valid Renewed Trade License for the year, VAT Registration Certificate and Tax Payer Registration Certificate.
- Bidders are invited to submit Financial and Technical proposals of one original and one copy enclosed in a wax-sealed envelope and accompanied by a Bid Bond of 2% of the bid price in the form of CPO or Bank Guarantee (Bid bond in any other form shall not be acceptable) to Water Action On or Before 10 A.M. October 03, 2018.
- Bid will be closed on October 03, 2018 at 10:00 A.M. and opened on the same date at 10:30 A.M. in the presence of bidders or their representatives at Water Action, Head Office, located near to Lem Hotel, in front NOC fuel station.
- All High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) pipes shall be suitable for cold water supplies, Nominal Pressure of 10 bar, the required Polyethylene Pipes must have a design stress of 8.3 M-pa.
The bidder is obliged to list all chemicals against which the offered pipes are Non-resistant or of limited resistance. Besides, the HDPE pipes must be made from high quality virgin material of PE 100 containing anti-oxidants, UV stabilizer and pigments. The pipes shall be opaque or blue (preferably) or black or black with blue stripes in color.
- The final acceptance of all items shall be after final inspection of the items delivered to Water Action, Bachira and Surrounding Kebele WASH Project Office which is situated in Mudulla, the capital of Ţembaro Woreda, Kembata-Temabro Zone of South Nations, Nationalities and Peoples Regional State. It is about 410 and 185km South of Addis Ababa and South West of the regional capital Hawassa, respectively. Moreover, it is 60 km from Durame the zonal capital.
- The Bidder shall clearly indicate by writing in his Pro forma the unit cost of each Pipe including Transport, Loading and Unloading Costs as well as the Delivery Date.
- The Price Validity of the offer and the Bid Bond shall remain enforce for Six and Three months respectively.
- If the Bidder is not manufacturer, should provide signed and stamped Suppliers Authorization Letter, Certificate of Quality Assurance and Specification from the Manufacturer.
- The quantity, which is not mentioned in the bid announcement, can be found in the bid document.
- Failure to comply with any of the conditions indicated above as well as in the Bid Document will result in automatic rejection.
- Water Action reserves the right to reject all or parts of the bid.
- All bids shall be sealed and addressed to: -
Resources Administration Division,
P.O. Box 13367
The name and address of the bidder, the Invitation number, and the description of the parts thereof should be legibly written on the envelope.