Farm Africa is an international non-governmental organization Request for Proposal (For Seasonal Climate Dissemination Service
Request for Proposal
(For Seasonal Climate Dissemination Service)
Farm Africa is an international non-governmental organization with a mission to reduce poverty permanently by unleashing African farmers’ abilities to grow their incomes and manage their natural resources sustainably; and has been working in different part of Ethiopia since 1985.
The Farm Africa – led “Market Approaches for Resilience (MAR) DFID-funded project being implemented in Ethiopia under the global Building Resilience and Adaptation to Climate Extremes and Disasters (BRACED) program. MAR targeted vulnerable populations in 3 regions and 20 Woredas (9 in Afar, 8 in SNNPR, and 3 in Somali region).
MAR’s intervention focuses on creating access to financial and insurance services; establishing/strengthening of village saving and credit groups; natural resources management (such as participatory forest management); climate information dissemination through partnership with EBC, SRTA and NMA, for communities who needs it most. Now, therefore, Farm Africa would like to invite capable professionals to bid for the provision of same service in line with following requirements.
A) THE OBJECTIVES:
• To share seasonal climate information for selected 8 Weredas in South Omo and Gamo Gofa;
• To promote the service through the community and responsible government bodies;
• To influence media stations to give much emphasis to deliver climate/weather information.
The firm should be/has to be staffed with professionals (at least with a producer and story collector) who have:
• A professional Degree and/or above in field of language, climate science, or equivalent;
• Above five years of professional experience in production and dissemination of CI;
• Familiarity or good understanding of the target community;
• High level technical and professional competence in short movie production, story structures and
• Proven skills in producing and disseminating climate information.
• Having good track record (practical work experiences) in diverse agro-ecological and livelihood zones of Ethiopia.
C) DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS:
• Interested Producers/bidders can collect the ToR document from our office or send request via [email protected]; and should submit full technical and financial proposal by email to [email protected] until Oct 5, 2017;
• Proposals submitted by unqualified bidders; and those arriving later than the final submission date and time shall be rejected without further notice;
• Farm Africa reserves the right to accept or reject any or all the proposals;
• Any Request for clarifications/enquiries can be forwarded to the Climate Information Communication Specialist, copying the Project Coordinator, on following address:
Farm Africa Ethiopia Office
Hussein Agraw Bldg. 6th floor, Kanzanchis
Tel. 011 557 3317, Fax- 011 557 3332,