The Norwegian Refugee Council ( NRC inviteS competent suppliers for perishable food items
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent, humanitarian, non-profit, non-governmental organization which provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees, vulnerable host communities and internally displaced persons worldwide. NRC has been working in Ethiopia since 2011 providing Shelter and infrastructure, Education, Livelihoods, Child protection and water sanitation promotion to refugees and internally displaced populations.
To carry out its child protection department feeding related activities in Hitsatse, Mai-aini & Adi-harush Refugee camps in Tigray Region, Norwegian Refugee Council(NRC) Office in shire would like to invite competent suppliers for perishable food items (Tomato, Onion & Potato) and NRC shire wishes to engage in a framework agreement throughout the year of 2018/19.
Tender Required Information –Documents/Information that MUST be provided by candidates:
Document collection and Submission deadline
- Interested eligible bidders should collect document and detail information’s from Shire NRC Office (behind Telecommunication Office)
- Collection date from 3 September 2018 up to 17 September 2018.
- Collection time from 8:15 a.m. to 4:45p.m
- Deadline of submission:17 September 2018 @ 5:00p.m at NRC Shire Office.
- Public Opening :18 September 2018 @10: a.m. at NRC Shire Office.
Sealing and marking of bids
Each bidder should submit two bid documents (original and Copy) at NRC Shire Office.
- The phrases: -Bid document for supplying of Perishable food items and Tender No 20 should be marked on the envelope.
General Terms of contract
- Bidders should be licensed to do such jobs in Ethiopia as specified in the tender and shall furnish copy of renewed business license. VAT Certificate & TIN Certificate.
- Price quotation must include transportation cost, loading unloading to the required refugee camps.
- Quotation of product must be including: full description of the items, unit of measurement, unit cost per item (clearly mentioned if price includes VAT or nor), date, stamp, signature, validity of the offer (minimum 1year) and remarks if any.
- The bidders are expected to examine all instruction, forms, terms and specifications in the bidding document prepared for this tender from NRC Shire Office and free of charge.
- The bid proposal must be accompanied by a bid bonds in the form of CPO ETB 30,000/Thirty thousand birr/for bid value prepared in the name of NRC and must be valid minimum for 180days.
- Guarantee in the form of cash or cheque is not acceptable and results in automatic dismissal from the tender.
- Bidders should present all original certifications during tender opening for cross checking.
- Possessing own truck/s and having an office in shire is a plus.
- Tenders received after the closing date and time in any form will be automatically rejected.
- A representative of each company can be present for the opening of the envelopes with their company’s ID card and /or supporting letter from their company.
- Following the bids opening, assessment/evaluation will be carried out by NRC technical personnel. NRC –Ethiopia reserves the right to select service provider(s)that are viewed most suitable, which won’t be based on least price alone.
- NRC-Ethiopia reserves the right to reject all or part of the tender. NRC-Ethiopia reserves the right to select more than one service provider. And /or select any part of a candidate’s bid.
- The present tender request is not an order and does not engage NRC on any legal ground or financial commitment.
NRC Shire Office: Located behind Telecommunication Office.
Tel Number 034440617/37.