Family Guidance Association of Ethiopia Bid Announcement for Consultancy Service for Project End Term Evaluation
Family Guidance Association of Ethiopia
Bid Announcement for Consultancy Service for Project End Term Evaluation
Established in 1966, Family Guidance Association of Ethiopia (FGAE) is one of the prominent non-governmental organizations in Ethiopia that has been contributing to the national effort to meet the high unmet need for reproductive health services in the country for close to half a century.
The Southern Area Office (SAO) is one of eight Area Offices under FGAE. It was established in 1977 and has been functioning in SNNPR and in West Arsi Zone of the Oromia region through different Service delivery modalities in addressing the SRH needs of the society.
With financial and technical support from Women and Children First (WCF UK), FGAE is implementing a project titled “Improving maternal and newborn health in Malga Woreda, Sidama Zone, SNNPR” with the prime purpose of addressing prominent maternal and neonatal health problems in the Woreda.
As part of its ongoing effort to expand SRH services through different service modalities, the Association has been implementing this project since April 2015. In connection with this, the Association finds it essential to know the implementation level of the project and opportunities for further expansion. To this end, the association would like to hire qualified consultants to undertake the end term assessment.
Description of the Assignment
The purpose of this assignment is to conduct end line survey of the project titled “Improving maternal and newborn health in Malga Woreda, Sidama Zone, SNNPR” and evaluate whether project objectives are achieved. More specifically the survey intends;
- To assess the effectiveness of the project;
- To explore the relevance of the project to beneficiaries;
- To explore the sustainability of the project, including consideration of its cost-effectiveness;
- To explore the wider impact of the project;
- To make a record of lessons learned, challenges, success, positive or negative experience.
Interested consultants can participate in the bid to offer the service as per a Terms of Reference (ToR). Applicants can collect the ToR within 21 days beginning the advertisement date at FGAE, Head Office Room no. 309 (Addis Ababa) at a non-refundable fee of birr 50.
All bidders are required to submit separate technical and financial proposals in sealed and stamped envelopes (two copies each) at the FGAE, Head Office (Addis Ababa) before September 24, 2018 at 12:30 (Lunch time). Bid proposal shall be accompanied by a bid security of 1% of the bid amount in the form of CPO or bank guarantee.
Applicants are required to fulfill the following minimum requirement:
- They should be legally registered ;
- They should have TIN&VAT registration certificate;
- They should be able to provide organizational profile and the CVs of individuals who are going to take part in the assessment;
- They should have a mix of expertise from public health and other relevant fields
- And they should have a good deal of experience in conducting project assessments, evaluations, and researches related to SRH.
The bid will be opened on September 24, 2018 at 2:00 PM (After lunch) at FGAE Head Office Hall (Addis Ababa) in the presence of bidders who are willing and able to attend the opening. FGAE reserves the right to partially or fully cancel the bid.
For more information, Compliant and / or questions
Family Guidance Association of Ethiopia (FGAE),
Debre Zeit Road, Meskerem Mazoria (Ritchie Area)
Tel. 251 (11) 467 2300, 251(11) 4671723
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
FGAE, Southern Area Office
Behind St. Gabriel Church
Tel. 251 (46) 2200249, 251(46) 2215056, P.O. Box 606 Hawassa, Ethiopia