Farm Africa Ethiopia Office- Proposal / consult to identify On scoping study for community and private/public sector linkage in timber value chain.
Request for Proposal
Conduct scoping study for community and private/public sector linkage in timber value chain.
Bale REDD+ phase II project is funded by Royal Norwegian Embassy running from November, 2016 to November,
2019 in the Oromia Region State in Bale and West Arsi zones of 11 woredas. The project is implementing by Farm Africa and SOS Sahel Ethiopia together with Oromia Environment Forest and Climate Change Authority to demonstrate a model for institution building to integrate PFM-REDD+ which has already been adopted by the national REDD+ programmes of the Government of Ethiopia. Phase II is also designed to pilot community based sustainable timber harvesting practice. Through this call, Farm Africa are looking for a potential consultant who conduct a scoping study for community and private sector linkage in timber value chain.
The overall purpose of this consultancy is to identify the most efficient and effective way of community and private sector linkage to undertake timber business. Specifically, the consultant consult stakeholders who engaged in timber production and processing and propose the most effective linkage.
A) REQUIREMENTS: Required:
1. Proven record of accomplishment in conducting economic benefits of PFM to local community and economic analysis of natural resource based livelihood activities;
2. Over 5 years work experience in relation to NTFP and/or timber business;
3. Evidence of good report writing (enclose evidence of recent consultancy report submitted);
4. Sound knowledge of participatory forest management and rural livelihood activities;
5. Strong conceptual understanding of PFM and REDD+;
6. Knowledge of the local language (Afaan Oromo) is a plus, and in case of a team work it is preferable if at least one team member from the side of the consultant should be able to speak and understand the local language proficiently, and
7. The lead consultant should hold a master’s degree or above in Forestry, Economics, other
8. Being licensed or legally registered for the provision of similar consultancy services, and having TAX registration certificates.
B) Deadline and Submission of Documents:
1) Interested consultants/bidders should collect the ToR document from our office or may also request via firstname.lastname@example.org; and can submit their CVs and technical & financial proposals in sealed bids to our reception desk or send directly to our bidding email - email@example.com until September 5,
2) Proposals submitted by unqualified bidders; and those arriving later than the final submission date and time shall be rejected without further notice;
3) Farm Africa for this task reserve the right to accept or reject any or all the proposals;
4) Any Request for clarifications/enquiries can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org or using the following address:
Farm Africa Ethiopia Office
Hussein Agraw Bldg. 6th floor, Kanzanchis, adjacent to Enat Bank
Tel. 011 557 3317, Fax- 011 557 3332,